windows update not working?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by wassup_ken, Feb 14, 2002.

1. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

2. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

loads fine for me
  3. DoubleClick

DoubleClick Guest

Same here loads fine :)
  4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    alot of people have problems with the updates...there are alot of fixes, I think the easieast to try is dealing the temporary files associated with the download, as once the update fails, it'll continue to fail due to some kind of ghost
  5. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

sorry. working fine now
  6. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

look @ this, it tells me to update windows update, and when i try, it says:

Software Update Incomplete

The Windows Update software did not update successfully. Below are some suggestions to help you proceed:
    You may have clicked No when prompted to accept the Trust Certificate. To allow the Windows Update site software to install, click Yes when presented with the Security Warning dialog box.
    Your Internet Explorer security settings may be set too high. To install the updated software and access Windows Update, Internet Explorer security must be set to medium or lower, and active scripting and the download and initialization of ActiveX controls must be enabled.

Note These are the default settings for Internet Explorer. For more information about Internet Explorer security and instructions on how to change your security settings, read Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q174360.

Were these suggestions helpful? Send us your feedback.
  7. Alliedsvcs

Alliedsvcs Guest

Delete the "Windows Update" folder from your hdd and clear your internet cache. Try updating again on the website.