"Windows Update" after Oct ? legal/illegal owners

V

Vorpal

Just curiuos about the Windows Update thing, when it changes during the server upgrade (I think it is) in October.

So far all XP updates have been seperatly downloadable from Microsofts website.

Are they going to close that down? Otherwise, the point is just to make illegal owners work just a tiny bit harder to get the updates?

I can't see them closing the download site down because Network Admins absolutely have to have access to the stand alone installation files.

Are they going to protect the downloads with a serial key entry check?

... just wondering

There will always be a way to get what you whant...... as long a the internet exists.

Originally posted by Benny
There will always be a way to get what you whant...... as long as the internet exists.

I second you on that ;)

yep

From what I understand in a while the windows updates site will be cross matching the xp keys with the M$ database to check that your key is a key listed as one made by M$ ... but who cares really as long as someone gets it we all get it in the end, someone will find a way around anything M$ does and thats only because it is like the guy that climbs the mountain ( why we ask ) answer because it was there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back