Windows taskbar problem has me pulling hair out!

Z

ZenMonkey

Ok, I don't exactly know to explain the problem I am having other than to explain what happens...if that makes any sense.

You know if, say, you have 5 applications running, and you shrink them all down. They all appear on your taskbar right? As little squares with the names....

Well here is my problem, once in a while...like every 10 minutes or so, if I am opening a new window, or clicking one of the shrunken windows to switch to that window, the whole thing locks up for 10 seconds....you know how the window you are currently on is highlighted (in my case grayed out a bit)? Well the window I was on and the one I want to go to both get selected.

The only way to quickly fix the problem is to alt-tab to the process I want.

I have done countless searches for fixes for this problem but have never run into anyone with the exact same issue....I did find a thread about going to services and turning off the WIA as well as turning of some image program, neither of which worked.

I am running WinXP with a 1gighz processor with 640 megs of ram, so I don't think memory is the culprit.

Any insight?!

Steve

Do you have the most recent driver update? (especially video card driver)

Hmm...dunno...I had that problem with my old comp because I had the wrong driver, but in your case... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back