Windows Taskbar at top and bottom ?!

C

ChrissiCom

Hi there

For a long time I am trying to search a tweak to make it possible to have a windows taskbar at top and bottom of my screen. But so far I didn't find anything so I ask here if anyone knows a registry tweak or tool to make it possible to have two taskbars, one at top at bottom.... I want to use the bottom one for the start button, an internet address bar and the quicklaunch bar... the top one should just show the open programs and the system tray. It would be great if that is possible :)

Chrissi

sounds like a neat idea, but i dont know if its possible.

why not just make a new toolbar and drag it up to the top and place what u want in there?

I am not quiet sure which toolbars you mean... but if you talk about the common toolbars which can be used by right-clicking the taskbar then this won't work because you can only place them where the taskbar is... as far as I know it's not possible to drag a taskbar toolbar to the bottom when the taskbar itself is at the top.

Chrissi

sure it is..just unlock ur task bar, click and hold while dragging it from the task bar...place it where ever on the d-top. it even docks up down the left or to the right...

:D lol that really works... but only when I have all windows minimized... when I have my Opera window open I can't move the toolbar anywhere... that's why it never worked. But thanks anyways!

Chrissi

Ok... I attached a small screenshot of how my desktop looks like now (I use 1280x960 resolution on a 19" screen).

But one more question... can I lock the undocked toolbars like the taskbar ?! That would be really nice.

Chrissi

Yeah, right click on a blank spot on them and select 'always on top.'

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back