Windows Taskbar at top and bottom ?!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ChrissiCom, May 10, 2002.

1. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

Hi there

For a long time I am trying to search a tweak to make it possible to have a windows taskbar at top and bottom of my screen. But so far I didn't find anything so I ask here if anyone knows a registry tweak or tool to make it possible to have two taskbars, one at top at bottom.... I want to use the bottom one for the start button, an internet address bar and the quicklaunch bar... the top one should just show the open programs and the system tray. It would be great if that is possible :)

Chrissi

2. dijital

dijital Guest

sounds like a neat idea, but i dont know if its possible.

3. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

why not just make a new toolbar and drag it up to the top and place what u want in there?

4. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

I am not quiet sure which toolbars you mean... but if you talk about the common toolbars which can be used by right-clicking the taskbar then this won't work because you can only place them where the taskbar is... as far as I know it's not possible to drag a taskbar toolbar to the bottom when the taskbar itself is at the top.

Chrissi

5. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

sure it is..just unlock ur task bar, click and hold while dragging it from the task bar...place it where ever on the d-top. it even docks up down the left or to the right...

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

God I love newbies... keeps me in a job :D

7. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

:D lol that really works... but only when I have all windows minimized... when I have my Opera window open I can't move the toolbar anywhere... that's why it never worked. But thanks anyways!

Chrissi

8. ChrissiCom

ChrissiCom Guest

Ok... I attached a small screenshot of how my desktop looks like now (I use 1280x960 resolution on a 19" screen).

But one more question... can I lock the undocked toolbars like the taskbar ?! That would be really nice.

Chrissi

9. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Yeah, right click on a blank spot on them and select 'always on top.'