Windows SP1 question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkychan, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Win dows SP1 question

With the many pros and cons about installing SP 1 onto our PC, I really want to know exactly, is it really worth or good installing it or not ? I haven't installed mine yet but visiting the forums someones says it slows down the system, someone said it has trouble when installing and some said it makes the pc works faster and better ..what do you say ? Should I install ??

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Of course you should install it and any other service pack that M$ releases. They fix up security problems which have been getting serious attention lately. The first thing to do to have a good Windows experience is to keep it up to date.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Thread Moved to OS

I agree with j79zlr. Make sure you install SP1 and are up-to-date with other critical updates posted on the Windows Update site.
    The recent MSBlast outbreak reached such a large scale only because end-users were negligent, and hadn't installed a security patch that Microsoft posted several weeks before the worm was created.

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Service Packs are simply large cumulative updates and security patches for Windows. Always run the latest service pack.

JJB

5. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

My computer is fast because I installed SP1 off my CD