Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Beta 2

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Recently we decided that one of our servers is seriously under-utilized, and it would be great if it was made into a WSUS Server. I have seen the WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 software and was impressed that now it's a part of MMC instead of being web based. I got everything setup on the server correctly, and it seems everything is working almost normally. One of the issues I had seen is for some reason the SUS Server is not seeing all of the machines. Out of 30 machines or so, it's only seeing 12. I have setup a group policy on the DC that states Windows Automatic Update is handled by http://BEAST (the server that doubles as a SUS Server), and that updates will be automatically downloaded and installed on Sunday's at 2am.

I don't see a rhyme or reason as to why some of the machines will show up on the sus server and other's wont. The machines are definitely on. I'm able to ping them and communicate with them. Would Windows Firewall have an effect? Even on machines where I've run gpupdate /force, I still have not had any luck...

What do you guys recommend?

On desktops that aren't seeing WSUS do "gpresult" and make sure they are getting the GP's from the DC.

On a side note, I was testing WSUS 3.0 and I've read of others having this issue. Even though WSUS 3.0 is a HUGE improvement over SUS 1.0 and WSUS 2.0 there are still a lot of issues.

Since you downloaded the beta I would check the feedback on Connect for similar issues. I've known others who had this issue with WSUS 2.0.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back