Windows Server 2008 default background

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by Brien99, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Brien99

Brien99 OSNN One Post Wonder

I would like to use a picture stored on the local clients computers as a default desktop background. Right now by default the 2008 server is pushing down just a blue background I guess from a default group policy when a client logs in. I can't seem to find where in the policy this is being pushed from. It's got to be from a default policy because when I log in as an administrator the correct background appears. Please forgive me as I am a newbee with windows servers.

2. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Go into group policy.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Desktop

Should be this one in the right pane: Desktop Wallpaper

3. Brien99

This is going to be the client's background. The picture is on the clients machine so do I put the path to the picture on the clients drive? For exampe C:\Windows\DesktopBackground\test.jpg

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

So you are working on the client's background and the wallpaper is already on that system? Or are you still referring to group policies?

:)

5. Brien99

Yes, I am trying to set the clients background. If I choose the background locally on the client it changes to blue the next time the client logs onto the domain. The server must have a default policy somewhere that is overriding this. I just can't find it.

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Isn't that what American Zombie referred to in his post?