windows scriptable?

B

blake

Hi people,
I'm just wondering whether xp is actually scriptable?!
i mean like simple .ini(perhaps) files that could load programs automatically? or maybe perform some certain tasks.

There are three basic was to automate tasks in XP: -

Task Scheduler. This service launches programs on a regular schedule or upon certain events, such as logging on to your computer.

Batch programs. These programs, a throwback to the earliest days of MS-DOS, still provide an easy, reliable way to run a sequence of programs and commands. Most programs can be started from a command prompt, which means they can be started from a batch program.

Windows Script Host. This feature allows you to run scripts written in VBScript, JScript, and other languages. Although learning how to use Windows Script Host is more difficult than learning how to create batch programs, scripts can interact with the operating system and with other programs in much more powerful ways.

The only one worth considering (in my view) for ease of use and development speed is VB (Visual Basic) Script. This is supported directly by XP. If your tasks access the internet then Java Script is the best or a mixture of both.
Beware of running scripts whilst on-line or even having the function available.

Go here for more info: -

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back