Windows movie maker pal or ntsc

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by skudu, Jul 18, 2002.

1. skudu

skudu Guest

Frustration all the way, have been trying to record a small video from my Sony Dv cam with fire wire and all that,camera is being controlled alright but the playback screen (Capture screen in movimaker ) is not encoding the vid.I suspect that it is doing it in NTSC and not Pal format.
    ?.If this is true how can i change this.
    Pc: Toshiba Note book with Pentium 933mhz and 510 Ram.XP Home edition."Help please":confused:

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I don't think its because of NTSC.

I have a DV cam that records in PAL, but I have been able to transfer it through the IEEE1394 (Firewire) port to Windows Movie Maker.

Not sure what the problem is ... but I don't think it has to do with PAL/NTSC

3. skudu

skudu Guest

Tanx! Cam is recognised but vid is scrambled.Toshiba hotline are also stumped.so i will keep searching the grid.

4. skudu

skudu Guest

I think it has to do with windows XP Home version,or correct me if i am wrong. I just installed videowave 3 on a labtop with win98:)
    and then on my XP Home labtop and on the 98 system i am able to see the play back like it should be and all functions work like a bomb!
    What is wrong with XP HOME!!!!????

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Not sure skudu ... I use XP Pro and it works fine! Haven't worked on XP Home, so I can't say.
    BTW, feel free to PM me anytime ... no probs :)