Windows Media Player Problem

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
When I am looking at a video, and I move the Seek bar, sometimes the video gets to where it is going in fast motion. This happens if I move the seek bar more than once, and if I only move it once it is fine. Someone told me it is either my computer or my video card that can not keep up with the framerate of the video.

I have a 3.0GHz P4 and a 6600GT... I don't see how I could be falling short of the power I need. Is it because I am running at 1600x1200?

Is there anyway to fix this? Are there any media player alternatives that are worth downloading?

I have had this problem also, unfortunately I do not know the cause, although I very much doubt it is a lack of power on your part.
I can usually solve this problem by using a different mediaplayer.

1. try updating your codecs, your directshow filter.
2. try using alternate players. (zoomplayer. videolan, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc) Winamp is a good alternative player.

Strange as it sounds, I use an updated Mediaplayer classic lots of times and it works well also.

Seldom does the problem occur if multiple players, unless it is a codec or directshow filter problem.

Wish I could be more specific in my help, but I never wasted the time trying to track down the problem...I just moved on and tried different players until I got things to work.

Yeah the problem is mostly like a codec or player problem as LPDad suggested. Also is it just one video thats acting up or one type of video? It could be part of the video got corrupted and is causing your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back