Windows Media Player and ripping mp3

V

V12Kid

I have tried to rip songs from CD's in media player and it works fine except foe the face that it wont let adjust the output quality to 128. The slider where you can adjust it does not let me. ANyone know what im talking about? Is there is a fix somewhere to let me rip at higher qualities?

thnx:cool:

Personnally, I don't use WMP8 to rip cd's, but rather Creative's PlayCenter 2.52 that handles it perfectly and lets you adjust to 192 k/s and higher.
That might not answer your query, unless you own a SBLive card or above...

WindowsXP media player by default does not allow you to rip at 128 and higher, you need the media player bonus pack or you can just download the registry entry from the download section of this site. it will allow you uo rip at higher rates

I (just!) purchased and downloaded one of said plugins...I previously had lots of .wav's on my hard drive...now I am TRYING VERY HARD to figure out how to convert my .wav's to .mp3 format!!!!! I'm supposed to be able to according to the Intervideo's website but for the life of me I can't find the path to success in WMP!! Help, please???

Also, if I want to make audio CD (old fashioned kind, heh, that plays in any CD player) does WMP do a conversion back if I use it to create an audio CD? If not, am I screwed and do I have to buy another piece of software to do this with? Any suggestions? Thanks ever so ever.

Change the bitrate of the mp3 recording
Assuming you can rip MP3s using WMA (must have the mp3 addon pack or use some other codec, ask me for more details if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Follow These Steps:
Start::::> run:::> regedit::::>find the following key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer

\Settings\MP3Encoding]
"LowRate"=dword:0000dac0
"MediumRate"=dword:0000fa00
"MediumHighRate"=dword:0001f400
"HighRate"=dword:0002ee00

Edit the rates to the way you like:
320 Kbps = dword:0004e200
256 Kbps = dword:0003e800
224 Kbps = dword:00036b00
192 Kbps = dword:0002ee00
160 Kbps = dword:00027100
128 Kbps = dword:0001f400
112 Kbps = dword:0001b580
64 Kbps = dword:0000fa00
56 Kbps = dword:0000dac0

hope that helps...

freightgod
I didn't buy any of those plug-ins but according to MS website they claim to be able to support High Performance Audio CD Burning. You might want to check with them ;-)

WAV to MP3, if you do not mind using another software, I would recommend CDex it's free and does the requested job.

I'd recommend you look into getting a good cd-ripper like audiocatalyst or such. and a burner such as nero can convert back and forth on the fly when you burn a cd. As for converting the wavs you already have I personally liked my command line encoders heh but i'm a linux bitch :p but there are plenty of nice ones with easy to use GUI's like mp3studio

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back