windows me upgrade to xp

P

pitt384

Looking to upgrade windows me to xp anyone out there that has done this and and keep me form getting more gray hair??

dont do it, you'll get more trouble than its worth. Best way to get XP would be a clean install. Make sure you re-partition the hard disk first ( if FAT32) then format it. Good luck

Following on from Bootsy. Once the hard drive is clean & you have set the cd rom to boot first from the bios insert the upgrade xp cd & boot up. Follow the screen instructions & have the full version cd of ME on hand. You will be prompted to put it in at some stage.

naw, not if he cleans the disk. My advice is to grab your favorite rifle and have a buddy toss that ME disk as hard as he can into the air while yellin "PULL!!!" then you shoot at it (if you miss, repeat). He wont need the ME cd if he's doing a clean install of XP. For future reference, never "upgrade" OS's, they are never that stable afterward.

Originally posted by pitt384
Looking to upgrade windows me to xp anyone out there that has done this and and keep me form getting more gray hair??

If he is upgrading and has an upgrade cd he will need a proof off another win os , this has been covered in other forums.

i had ME and thats my cause why i have a new pc. ME sucked. i broke my old pc cuz of it. now i am proud owner of xp with barely zero problems. yay for xp . me can rot in goat nads for eternity

hey sojourn did you kick it or throw it out the window? i tossed a win 95 out the window 4th floor hehe it felt GOOD

hehe cool i punched mine repeatedly until i broke the power button. so to turn it on i had to basically hot wire it everytime.. lol and later after that i had accidently punched it so hard my heatsink broke off and fried my 666mhz celeron. oh well it was bad luck. ahh bloody fists from the good ole days

if you are intent on an upgrade, instead of a cleaan install, (clean install of course prefered),of course you need a cd, but as far as trouble...you should be fine if you remove any anti virus before you do the upgrade...wsoecially norton

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back