windows me please help im goin crazy!!!!

• Thread starter love monkey
  • Start date
L

love monkey

here my problem i got a new pc and its go xp windows on t\ith but i want to put windows me and i try but i cant is there any way i can do it please help!!!

love monkey

Humm must be NTFS
You need to correct the File system from the sound.

Here is how i would do this.

Reconfigure your Bios to Boot to CD first and IDE 0 second
Insert Your Windows XP disk
Boot To The CD
Tell the computer you wish to install a new copy of windows XP
When you get to the screen that asks where you wish to put the new copy there will be a Partition list. Delete the Old partition.

As soon as you delete the partition Quit the Windows XP setup.
Then Insert your windows ME cd and allow it to configure your Harddrive (It will have to format and set the file system to fat32)

Why you are doing this is beyond me XP has better functionality than ME but hey it is your computer :)

Hope this helps...

What I miss in the above scenario is the point where you make a new (FAT32) partition. Because you cannot do that with the WinME setup. What you have to do after deleting the partition with XP is:
  • Boot from the WinME CD and choose option 2: Boot to MSDOS with CDROM support
  • When in A:\> switch to D: (assuming this is your CDROM)
  • When in D:\> run the fdisk utility and create a new primary partition
  • When finished reboot from CD again and choose option 1: Run setup from CD
Now you can run WinME setup and allow it to format the newly make FAT32 partition. Before doing this (it's your choice), please make absolutely sure you have all necessary drivers available. The ones delivered with your system are WinXP drivers and not suitable to use in Windows ME.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back