Windows Log-in Screen

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Glimmervoid, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid OSNN One Post Wonder

Hey guys, juz wanna ask how to avoid the windows log-in screen. It always shows when I started to run windows XP, I juz want my OS to automatically sign-in with my administrator account!:cry:

This problem of mine came out when I installed a Microsoft.Net Framework I think.. I browse the user acount settings on my Control Panel but I can't figure it out how to solve my problem! Hope u guys could help me, Thanks!:)

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Start
    Run
    control userpasswords2
    Highlight the username you want to automatically logon
    Check the box right above the list
    Click Apply
    Input the password
    OK

3. Glimmervoid

Thanks for the reply, I've juz done wat exactly you have posted but unfortunately I still end up going to my windows log-in screen before i start windows. My problem exactly is that I want to automatically log-in to my administrator account without passing to the windows log-in screen, because everytime I start my windows I can't stop clicking my user account on the windows log-in screen considering that i have only 1 user account, and that kills time everytime I run windows! by the way, im not using any user passwords because I'm the only one using my PC. Please help me guys, thanks!:crosseyed:

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Disable the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching.

5. Glimmervoid

Thanks Madmatt, you've been a great help. I already fix my problem. Please close this thread. TY

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Threads stay open unless abused, incase someone wants to chime in with a similar issue.

Glad to hear you got it worked out though :)