Windows Live Messenger Invitations Thread

In case you missed my point earlier:

Whining will not get it to work any faster. We all have lives, and have other things to do. Simply learn to be more patient, because if there is a solution to your problem, you'll get one.

Also, maybe you don't know what beta testing implies. You are bound to have problems, and you should have realized this before deciding to install the beta.

Mastershakes said:
I am now in the beta, any idea how long it is before I have invites to give?

You get 5 to start with, check the top of messenger for a blue link.

I lumped out 5 this week got another 15, dunno if it's worth chucking them in just yet till this beta is a new build.

Grandmaster said:
In case you missed my point earlier:

Whining will not get it to work any faster. We all have lives, and have other things to do. Simply learn to be more patient, because if there is a solution to your problem, you'll get one.

Also, maybe you don't know what beta testing implies. You are bound to have problems, and you should have realized this before deciding to install the beta.

ur point about beta. i had the same trouble with msn 7 and 7.5.

I'm not on board yet but I do have a silly question. If I was to get invited would I be able to send offline messages to anyone with MSN or only those registered with the new beta?

smoothyuk said:
I'm not on board yet but I do have a silly question. If I was to get invited would I be able to send offline messages to anyone with MSN or only those registered with the new beta?

I thought of that too smoothyuk.... excellent question... gonna go find out.

smoothyuk said:

You can send offline messages to anyone. However, only people with the beta will be able to reply while staying offline. They will still be able to reply to your offline messages if they themselves appear as online, if they aren't on the beta.

Last edited:
Grandmaster said:
You can send offline messages to anyone. However, only people with the beta will be able to reply while staying offline. They will still be able to reply to your offline messages if they themselves appear as online.

Wicked, I sent out offline messages to all the peeps that owe me money.
Nasty surprise next time they log in.

I just thought of something else - and this is a touch scary. Can you imagine a virus propagation using it? It would be ready to pounce as soon as you logged in to MSN. Hmmmm....

Mastershakes said:
Wicked, I sent out offline messages to all the peeps that owe me money.
Nasty surprise next time they log in.

I just thought of something else - and this is a touch scary. Can you imagine a virus propagation using it? It would be ready to pounce as soon as you logged in to MSN. Hmmmm....

Well, Yahoo and I also think AIM have had this ability for a while. Nothing major on those programs yet ;)

Have also heard that Yahoo and MSN are going to be able to talk to eachother... but that is rumor.

AIM prolly never will seeing as they feel they have a huge market share for it. (and they do, I think)

Question: I click on Beta Invitations, and get prompted to log in with my passport. Once done, it reports I've hit a bad URL.

Why? I want to give my invites out to some of our esteemed OSNNers !!!

Did a format...I don't think I'm going to re-install the beta :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back