Windows Live Messenger Connection Problems

Windows Live Messenger

Hi Guys

Im new to this forum, so not sure if I am in the right area.

I have just installed Windows Live Messenger on to my windows XP Pro Computer.

My problems are as follows:
Log in seems to take forever, and then it seems to work, but i have no contacts (When i used MSN messenger I had quite alot of contacts), If i hover over the "Green Man" on my task bar it says "Connection Error"

I have tryed to turn my firewall off, but the group policy on the network will not allow me to turn it off. I have edited my groupe policy, and i am waiting for it to update :)

Any help would be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance

Kirk

Re: Windows Live Messenger

There is an actual problem with the live messeneger service, check out the messenger blog for more info

theres nothing you can do until they fix it

To attempt to fix, close down Messenger if it's running, click Start, then
Run, and type the
following:
%userprofile%\contacts
and click OK.

If nothing appears in the folder, click the Tools menu, then Options, then
View tab, click
'Show hidden files or folders' and click OK. Once you are able to see the
folders,
right-click the one that corresponds to your Passport and choose Delete.

Next, click Start, then Run, and type the following:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Then remove the corresponding folder again in this folder.

Then restart Messenger and try signing in again.
This should work hope it helps :)

Hi,

I have just tryed what Hoppy777 said but now it says i have no contacts or groups... even before i had groups... ahhhh ... :|

oh well.. they are still there when i use Windows Messenger :)

but my green man still says i have a connection error.. :|

Cheers

Kirk

Seems to have started working this morning...

Must have been a problem with microsoft?

Hello every one

I need help!!

This is my problem.

I install the windows live messenger and when i try to sing in....Msn show me : ``

:::Sorry, we where unalble to sing in intro windows live messenger at this time. Please try again later.::.`

Error code: 80048820
Extended code: 80048412`

If somebody can help me i will thanks so much. :D
i will wait you help
Thanks. :D

Attachments

• Errore Code.jpg
    Errore Code.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 288
most of the time it is messenger itself, the service. If so it should be working within a couple hours. Otherwise, make sure all your connections are working. Then, if those don't work, let me think of something....

most of the time it is messenger itself, the service. If so it should be working within a couple hours. Otherwise, make sure all your connections are working. Then, if those don't work, let me think of something....

I think that is not this problem, I format my PC and it`s the same problem...Momentaly i`m workin with 7.0 because with 7.5 it`s same problem. I dont know what to doo...I need your help. ::D

I dont thinks so. I have kasperSky 6.0 i don`t know if this is my problem....

Hi! First of all - I'm new here.
Second of all - I also have this connection problem with my WLM...
It won't sign-in, it just keeps signing in forever! The MSN 7.5 signs in fine, this one started working bad 2 weeks ago!!!! All the rest of my messengers (Yahoo, ICQ) work fine... Sometimes it gives me an error message that It is temporarily unavailable, but usually no error messages....
What do I do?.....
Please help....

hey im new here. ive been signing in with windows live perfectly until a few days ago now, it just keeps on coming up with an error (error code 81000306). when i troubleshoot it it sez that there is something wrong with the key ports. msn messenger and windows messenger work fine but windows live just won't sign in. please help me someone, i just cant figure out what is wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back