Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (5346.5)

IE7 Beta 2 can't be compared to Firefox, as one is a Beta, the other Full Release (RTM).

I think IE7 is quite fast, especially the Beta 2 official release. If you have yet to try it, I suggest you give it a whirl and post within this thread with any questions, issues or feedback :)

Well, I solved my problem. The browser kept crashing because I had Browster installed. At least I presume that was causing a conflict as I uninstalled Browster and now IE7 does not crash when I do a search.

LeeJend said:
Wonder how long it will take this bogus quote to show up at El Reg...
Thats the most ludicrous pile of rubbish ever

zandyrei said:
ohhh no..... im SP1.... gotta upgrade.. is this faster than firefox? juz asking.. thanks...
You need to get to SP2 ASAP regardless for many reasons (this should be the least of it).... "faster" is a meaningless comparison really, but if you are running on a machine where that is an issue then I suggest Opera and upgrades to your hardware when possible. Like KCNY said, comparison is a bit meaningless from a Beta to a production - but the most salient point for me is IE7 has tabbed browsing and although in it's beta takes a fair whack of memory (least the way I use it) seems not to suffer the infamous Ffox memory leakages - although I have hit a CPU loop once with my installation. Like I said - get to SP2 yesterday, try it and see, be prepared to use different browsers for different reasons (Opera when you feel the "need for speed")

I thought I would check this, but does windows update work in IE7 Beta 2 for everyone else? When I try to goto the wesbite it asks me to turn on various services despite them already being on :D

Overall, The new version of IE7 isn't bad. There are a couple of wierd bugs in it, like MSHTML crashing whenever I try to use find and the fact that it refuses to use windows update, but overall its nice to see tabbed windows now and other bits and pieces.

both windows update and searching works fine here on IE7 without crashing

WU, MU, WSUS, SMS all work with IE7. WSUS and SMS have features builtin for deliverying the dynamic installer.

WU and MU working just fine here too :)

What is the specific message you are getting Dublex?

I doubt it. First someone needs to figure out how to skin it.

I think it needs to get out of beta, become finished, then do the skining

I am probably the last person to figure this out, but...

CTRL+TAB goes between tabs. Pretty spiffy if you ask me.

madmatt said:

Yeah, that seems to have become the standard shortcut for switching between tabs now.
Ctrl+Shift+Tab does the same thing backwards, in case you didn't try that already. :)

what they need to do is a quick ctrl-tab goes to the previous open tab. I have it like that in FF (via extension) its great

madmatt said:

Cool tip, I didn't know that either :)

It would be really neat if you could re-arrange tabs by dragging/dropping.

Time to think about terminating the IE process?!!

this was a spectacular example of IE doing a Ffox! Lucky I had 2GB DDR there!

Attachments

• IEcore.jpg
    IEcore.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 93
LOL, and ouch both at the same time.

What happened? what were you running that caused it to splurge?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back