Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DeeBeeS, Mar 4, 2008.

1. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

I have a Dell XPS420 and the os is Vista Premium. I am at present running the Windows Firewall plus the firewall on my router. I have tried Comodo and I believe McAfee was pre installed. I have removed both of these programmes.

I have just had a look on the security centre and under Firewalls I checked what Firewalls are running and it shows three. Comodo McAfee and Windows. I can't understand this as I thought I had uninstalled the 2 third party progs. Does this mean that in all I have four firewalls running. If so how do I delete the ones I do not want. Thanks in anticipation.

2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

look in the control panel - admin tools - services , see if the firewalls are in there if so it should be a case of disabling them (although this should have been done and deleted when you uninstalled them) and deleting the services :)

3. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Hi Carpo, thanks for the quick response, had a look in services neither are there. Had a look in registry and found Comodo in the route file but it would not allow me to remove. Could not find anything relating to McAfee.

4. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

run Hijackthis! or any other tool that allows you to control what starts up and what dont, that normally removes things that regedit wont allow me to remove :)