Windows Defender Final Now Available!

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Improvements in Windows Defender
  • Enhanced performance through a new scanning engine.
  • Streamlined, simplified user interface and alerts.
  • Improved control over programs on your computer using enhanced Software Explorer.
  • Multiple language support with globalization and localization features.
  • Protection technologies for all users, whether or not they have administrator rights on the computer.
  • Support for assistive technology for individuals who have physical or cognitive difficulties, impairments, and disabilities.
  • Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
  • Automatic cleaning according to your settings during regularly scheduled scans.

More Information: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/about/overview.mspx
Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

Looks interesting, will have to give this a whirl :)

I like the functions of being able to do things without administrative priveleges.

The sooner Windows Defender is forgotten about the better, as running away quietly there in the background was its only good point and that’s because it doesn’t do anything it’s a “Kings New Clothes” story.

:laugh: :laugh:

Just installed it. Had Defender beta2 running before. The installer(Per its instructions) automatically removed beta 2, installed the final version and carried over all of my settings. Very smooth.:)
I'm a little over zealous so I run Defender, Spybot, and do a scan with Adaware once a week. They don't conflict with one another so I figure more is better.

The sooner Windows Defender is forgotten about the better, as running away quietly there in the background was its only good point and that’s because it doesn’t do anything it’s a “Kings New Clothes” story.

:laugh: :laugh:

Care to back this up with facts?

Dont troll... post valid information, or your opinion, dont post negative info without posting why you felt it that way...

Is this product free within a corporate environment?

.....Off to dig up EULA/Licensing info....

Derek, yes. It can be used on licensed copies of XP and 2003.

From License agreement:
If you are licensed to use Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 software (for which this supplement is applicable) (the “software”), you may use this supplement. You may not use it if you do not have a license for the software. You may use a copy of this supplement with each validly licensed copy of the software.

Yeah, thanks guys - also found this:

Windows Defender, subsequent beta versions, and the final release version will each be available at no additional charge for currently licensed Windows customers. You will be required to verify that you are using genuine Windows through a quick and easy online process called validation. Get more information about the Windows Genuine Advantage program.

Pretty much the same thing, won't work here though as a corporate standard is that we need to have a client that can be managed from some type of server component as well.

Boo!

It won't be long before the corporate/business version is released (Forefront Client).

Do you have any info on it - I haven't seen anything yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back