Windows - Corrupt File

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by apu95, Jan 27, 2007.

1. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

I'm doing tech support for a client, and he's been getting this little balloon that says Windows - Corrupt File PATH_NAME.

He used to have this problem when he got himself a new hard drive, and we had to exchange the hard drive. It's been working fine for over a year now, and he started getting the balloon again. The weird thing is that he's getting it for different locations. Sometimes it's his C drive, others it's his secondary one, and the paths are always different as well. I doubt both drives are starting to fail at the same time...could it be malware/spyware causing this?

I'm running chkdsk on both drives as I type this, and I figured that running a full scan of the system using AdAware/SSD/etc will do the trick.

I'm not sure what else it could be other than those two options...

Thanks!
    Apu

2. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

This happens when a program is moved from one HDD to another, the data still resides on the first drive, so when windows looks for the app or data you get the pop up.
    Usually this is when the Application data is moved from The Windows C:. drive to another HDD.