Windows annoying message after login screen installation

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Aero, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Aero

Aero Guest

I installed a new login screen with the Login Loader program. The login works but when I get into Windows all the time, I get that annoying popup saying, "The system has recovered from a serious error." Then it has the "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send buttons." No matter which button I click, the same message keeps popping up over and over again. I can only get rid of it by terminating it through the Windows Task Manager. I tried getting back my default login screen but that same message still comes up for some reason. Please help me get rid of this message!

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Hi

to disable the message go to here:

start -> Control panel -> System

find the button [report errors], then click it and disable the checkboxes

Hope this helps :D

3. Aero

Aero Guest

Hmm, is there another way to fix this instead of disabling error reports? I want to keep error reporting on but also be able to have a new login screen.

4. scsa20

scsa20 Simonsoft Network

another way of doing it is to just change the path in the registry to the login screen that you made (that's what stylexp did)...you can find the string to edit under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
    the string is called UIHost

changeing the path to the one you made well work and Windows won't complain about it either.

btw...always remember to make a back up of the registry for safety reasons

5. Aero

Aero Guest

Hmm never mind, I fixed it. I just ran the logoff.exe and logonui.exe (the default one) and restarted my computer. Now the message is gone and my new logon screen is working as well. Thanks for your inputs though.