Windows 7 Public Beta Download

wasn't me assclown, this is a great thread and it gives the members here a heads up on a windows beta everyone wants

I didn't even see jobs name till it was pointed out, gigabot did a good service to those who want this os before release
For a moment there I thought you were referring to someone as an "ass clown" but then I realized that the poster above had the username "assclown". :D

This is painfully slow... managed to get to login screen after 1hr... then get "server is too busy" error... AGAIN.

Not sure whether i prefer watching the green round timer thingy or watch paint dry. lol :p

well the windows 7 page isn't showing any download links yet...
here ya go but good luck getting in que and then don't get all giddy when you get to the next page because it will still time out, they are getting slammed bigger then they imagined, I think the server will not slow down till all alotted downloads are accounted for, ms will in my opinion extend the download to save face but time will tell

Found this on Bink:

x86
x64

Copy/paste links to address bar or you will just go to the Windows 7 site.

patch for MP3 corruption:

x86
x64

All I need now is the key. :)

Takes you to the Windows site

I copied and pasted the x64 link but it brings up a "None" box. I think it got taken down now.

paste link, then save as soon as the first box appears...

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to copy/paste into address bar or you will be redirected to the windows 7 site.
Maybe it only works with IE.
You also have to install an ActiveX control.
These are the direct links that perris link takes you to.
Just need that key...

@perris - With this method of downloading, we don't end up with a key do we?

the link I pasted works on all computers here, maybe you need to log into windows live or something like that to get there

Yea, that link is the main link, and once you choose your download, Server is to busy. Happens.

Yeah, had to paste it in IE. FF takes you to Windows Website.

paste link, then save as soon as the first box appears...
I see, a direct download is what you are talking about, now I get it

@perris - With this method of downloading, we don't end up with a key do we?
I imagine you do bman, it is an official beta, last time I beta'd I was given a permanent key

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back