Windows 2000 pro password lost...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brodyhooperquint, Apr 27, 2007.

1. brodyhooperquint

brodyhooperquint Jaws

Hi, a friend of mine using Windows 2000 pro cannot remember his administrator logon password :rolleyes: , does this mean a re-install is needed or is there any way to bypass the logon screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks :)

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

At work we use password changer pro - I forget who made the software "active" something comes to mind but take that with a picnh of salt. The software will allow you to clear the admin password and login.

Our copy boots from a CD.

3. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

There's also a download somewhere for a Linux boot CD that can change the password. I have one somewhere.

4. brodyhooperquint

brodyhooperquint Jaws

5. Cilix

Cilix OSNN Junior Addict

You can use either a Knoppix Live Boot CD or Active Password changer which is included on Hiren's Boot CD.

PS: Both of which are free :)

6. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

thats the one! active@ password changer we use at work :) Awsome little app :)

7. Cilix

Cilix OSNN Junior Addict

Ive used that thing for quite a while and it works every time. I used to used the Locksmith tool on ERD but it would fail 6 out of 10 times. The new version 3.5 also includes support for Vista.

8. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

I just put on my wizzard cap and cast a lvl 17 hax to the computer and the pass is changed.