winamp sound problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by npfanz, Apr 8, 2002.

1. npfanz

npfanz Guest

The last couple of days I've noticed that sometimes winamp will get slightly quiter (int he middle of a song) for 10, 20 seconds or so, then return to normal volume. Does anyone have any idea what would cause that to happen? While the difference in volume is very slight, it is definitely noticeable and I don't think I've had that problem before.

I use the waveOut plugin v2.3 for my output (when I try directsound ocassionally a song will skip ahead 2 or 3 seconds during playback). I use wavemapper as my output device, which is apparently recommended. I have a soundblaster audigy platinum, so that is my other option as an output, but I don't really know what the output device is.

Any ideas?

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

is this on all songs or just a few? thats odd that a song would get quieter and return to normal..you can try switching the output device and for shirts and giggles re-install WMP...but before you do that..open the song or songs in media player and see if the same thing happens..maybe it's somethin else causing it

3. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Guest

This might be a stupid question but in case; do you have any DSP plugins running? Some of them have an automatic gain function, maybe you have one activated?

4. npfanz

npfanz Guest

I don't think it was an individual song, I had many many songs playing yesterday and I would notice it periodically. I played one of the songs I remember it happening with in media player and it was fine today, but the same song is also fine in winamp today. I have noticed this ocasionally in the past, I was just hoping someone might see this and say "aha I remember that happening to me."

I don't have any plugins whatsoever running...

Thanks for the ideas!