Winamp on taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by silent_bob, May 6, 2002.

1. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

I've seen some screenshots u guys have posted with winamp controls integrated into the taskbar. So now for the inevitable question!

How do you do it???

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

One is Statbar. It will have the controls in a seperate bar with some other cool features.

3. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

or find some winamp taskbar controls(search google)..put them in a folder(anywhere) and rightclick the taskbar-toolbars-new toolbar and point it to the location of the folder. voila.....ur welcome

4. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

cheers andy and xsiv

5. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

u bet bro:)
    if u cant find anything on google, check out the forum at neowin.net. search the forums there, they have a lot of winamp controls...

6. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

i found a shellplayer in the form of the powertoys from M$, but it looks awfull, now im wonderin how to shange the look of the player any1 any ideas????

7. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

sure, check out this site:)

8. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

how do you replace the shells with thoughs? when i copy them over to system32, it says its bein used.

9. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

rename the original dll file to shplayer.dll.bak or something, then just put the new dll in the directory and reboot...

10. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

catch23 i dont think so, yho maybe u could get it to sit on top of the taskbar somehow

11. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

If the DLL is in use Windows will not let you rename it or replace it. I point this out because wyrlwyn said...

12. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

It did 4 me! Make sure ur not using the default shall player (from powertoys). Alternatively u could boot in safe mode and change the file that way.