Winamp and CDDB?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Ok, I don't get music CD's all that often anymore cause I just haven't had the money to buy any. My friend burnt Linkin Park - Reanimation for me, but the thing is though that Winamp isn't able to pick up any of the songs on the list. Whenever I try, it keeps telling me that CDDB is not installed. I am using Winamp 2.81 {Sheer preferance} and CDDB works on Windows Media Player, and probably Music Match Jukebox when I install it.

Can someone please tell me how I can get CDDB supposedly installed with Winamp?

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

cddb stopped the free services, instead you have to pay for it. You can now use freedb.freedb.org (you can set it with the Winamp options. Not sure where, since I don't use Winamp)

3. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I dunno, that looks a bit too advanced for me, and I'm no n00b at computers either. I was looking it over and I can't tell if I either reflect Winamp to a server, or download something and reflect Winamp towards that. Having this headache doesn't help either though.

4. enonemoose

enonemoose Guest

I refuse to use WinAmp3 but WinAmp 2.81 and QCD both use CDDB powered by Gracenote. For QCD I made a username with a throwaway email and that was it. No payment required. I haven't used WinAmp 2.81 in awhile, though.

5. enonemoose

enonemoose Guest

I looked at WinAmp 2.81 and no, the CDDB doesn't work :( but it does for QCD. I'm assuming the plugin is outdated [and won't be updated because WinAmp 2.x is essentially dead, unfortunately]. Sorry but looks like you are stuck.

6. gorilla

gorilla Guest

just disable cddb in winamp and you'll be fine !:blink: