Winamp 2.9, Yea or Neigh?

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
What are your thoughts on the new Winamp 2.9? I'm giving it a try now and will let you know what I think.

Here are some thoughts on the previous versions:

winamp 2.8x GOOD
winamp 3.x PURE SH*T

• First thoughts:
  • looks like 2.8x a good start
  • I swear I unchecked WINAMP LIBRARY during the install :huh:
  • cleaner interface
  • skin support.....don't need it but its nice to have
  • Directory Context Menus work same as 2.8x
  • No more strange grumbling during audio playback like the beta...
  • video has a slight pause before pausing
  • when resizing active video some strange black flickering bands appear for a moment
  • as for resources, still not too bad 7mb on load, 10mb on audio playback, 20mb on video playback
  • :) good to go
Overall still a good player, you 2.8x fans will probably enjoy, plus the new video support. Video can be paused with space bar, it goes to full screen easily and playback is pretty good.

Here ya go... ogg beta 1.3 plugin for winamp. Enjoy =)

It has mix to 5.1 which is awesome.

ALL ogg users download this and use it... sound quality is amazing especially the new 5.1 option =)

EDIT: Removed link. Was the wrong file sorry =P

Originally posted by chaos945
....does not playback my OGG files........LAME

it should play ogg files... as long as you selected to install ogg support when you installed 2.9

umm

umm i cant find it
i went to winamp.com and went to winamp 2 and its still winamp 2.81? where did u find it!

thanks man! but is it nice? it is a bit larger than 2.81 from 1.72 to 2.17 should have extra features?

WHOOPS!!! sorry

wrong file =P

That one is to burn ogg files into Audio CD's

the winamp plugin is THIS file =P

Ogg 1.3a Plugin for Winamp

I love the thing! I stopped using WinAmp as soon as I discovered jetAudio, because jetAudio has a good Library managment system built in. Now WinAmp 2.9 has a library too and the sound quality is equal (if not better, with plugins) to jetAudio. Also the resource usage is lower than jetAudio (Winamp: 0-5 % when playing a song compared to 10-15 % for jetAudio) so I will use Winamp for now.

Originally posted by mbunny
WHOOPS!!! sorry

wrong file =P

That one is to burn ogg files into Audio CD's

the winamp plugin is THIS file =P

Ogg 1.3a Plugin for Winamp

The file included in the full installation of WinAmp 2.9 is version 1.32 and the creation date is March 31st compared to March 20th of the file you offer. Your file is older.
Attached you'll find the file included with the full WinAmp 2.9 installation (version 1.32).

Been using Winamp 2.9Beta2 since it's release, works great. :D

"Winamp 2.9, Yea or Neigh?"

Yea

well, all i gotta say it is alot better then winamp3. alot less resources used and better for playing games at same time. Got a new skin to go with it, its a really nice red-black MGS2 skin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back