win98 tweaks

There are also a few non-tweak, maintenance-type things you can do regularly to speed things up:

-- Delete all temp files (c:\windows\temp\*.tmp)

-- Delete temporary internet files (c:\windows\temporary internet files\*.*)

-- If you use I.E., click on Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files, select "delete all off-line content", click OK

-- Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, Systems Tools, Disk Cleanup

-- Download AdAware, check for updates, run it and remove whatever it finds

-- Download Diskeeper and defrag

I would also no longer use IE on a pre-XP box as M$ has announced it will no longer be patching any pre-XP IE holes.

Xie said:
I would also no longer use IE on a pre-XP box......
np use Firefox

also if u wanna clear those temp directories, just add this to AUTOEXEC.BAT file

@DELTREE /Y C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
@MD C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
@DELTREE /Y C:\TEMP
@MD C:\TEMP

so everytime u reboot u got clean temp directories.

yeah but she doesnt use the computer for internet so i wont need to use another browser. The extra computer i got wont start up so i am just gonna put parts from it to her computer unless the parts r better than what i have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back