Win2000 sp4 problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Idle, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Idle

Idle Guest

hey guys I am creating an image for our laptops to send out. My problem is when I installed SP4 everything went down hill. When I reboot the machine i get a Blue screen that goes away fast so i cant read it fast enough. Another thing it does is that upon the reboot, scan disk starts before logging in. It does this everytime I reboot.

Any onfo would b great thanks!

IDLE

2. Idle

Idle Guest

If I go into the Computer Management under event viewer and looka t System. I see an error after everytime I reboot. the error is as follows: The service server was unable to recreate the share win2000dist because the directory C:\win2000dist no longer exits.

that was the error

3. firehawk

firehawk OSNN Addict

Please give us the details of your load procedure.

4. Idle

Idle Guest

as far as hardware like boot sequence?

HDD then Floppy then CDrom then LAN...im assuming this is what you are reffering to.

5. firehawk

firehawk OSNN Addict

No, your steps on how you are getting the bits down to the drive, where you are placing them on the drive, and your command that you are using to kick off setup.

6. Idle

Idle Guest

well im still in the process of building the image. As far as still installing software. I am finished with everything but this scan disk at boot is my problem. Once this is fixed i then can start the image with Ghost.

It seemed to have started after installing SP4.

7. firehawk

firehawk OSNN Addict

So, you are saying that you are still building your "master" computer to then build your image for the rest of them?

Are you loading the master by hand? Not a network install?

8. Idle

Idle Guest

I am building the maser from scratch. i am doing evrything from my desk. No network install.

But I did fix my problem. i was looking in an XP book and it said if chckdsk is running at boot up, then deselect the Write to cache.

Once i did that, the problem was gone.