win xp and dial up

J

jasonb

ok everytime i connect to the internet in win 98 using dial up those two little monitor blinking on the bottom comes on each connection automatically....now that i installed win xp i always had to go to the dial up properties and check the box to make it show on the bottom....it won't come on automatically!! anyone know how to permanently make those blinking monitor come on automatically??

statbar? nah i dont feel like having another program installed i just want the normal little blinking monitors.....anyone else know how to make it automatically show up on every connections??

Go to control panel > network connections> right click on you're modem or Dial Up connection, then check the following 'Show icon in notification area when connected'. This also works for lan connections, just right click ur nic card from ctrl panel and check that option.

That's what i always do control panel>dial up properties>then i check the show notification....then it would show but when i log off and reconnect i have to do the whole process again....why won't it go on automatically on each connections!!!

JasonB,
do you log in as Administrator ?

Maybe the problem you encounter has to do with user profile or restictions attached to it...

I for myself don't have this prob., "the normal little blinking monitors" always appear when I connect to the Net !

daemon,

no i log in as jason (my name) would this make a difference since i think i have the same privelidges as the admisnistrator plus everytime i log on i'm automatically log on as jason

i know, windows xp forgets for some reason, for example the quick lauch toolbar wouldnt load and with outlook, i had to check remember my username and password everytime i ran outlook. I dont know why but for some reason now it actually does remeber everything i do. Just go to windows update and get all the updates.

i don't think win xp forgets i think win xp has more support on high speed internet. I reinstalled xp several times and still wouldnt show the blinking lights

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back