Win XP 2002 version

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GoNz0, May 4, 2002.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    Has any 1 got this and tested it ???
    I have a new copy sent to work this morning, its a 120 day trial version of XP version 2002.. & thats all i know so far. I would like a little feedback to see if its worth adding this as duel boot with XP version 2600.
  2. zman

zman Guest

I have never heard of it... install it then post some screenshots for us all .

Im sure the news guys here would be very interested if it is different to the current retail XP
  3. pmcartney

pmcartney Guest

Version 2002 is what we all use if you right click my computer.
    It is revision 2600 that doesn't show up where it used to on 9x versions.

You can tell from System Information under System Tools in the Accessories menu. Sounds like the Pro version.
  4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    Plan B, I'm building a new testbed PC next week, I'm gunna throw a couple a small hard drives in and duel boot it on there 1st, Run the updater and see how it compares to my version.
    Nothing lost this way :)
    Will post when i find out what it is.
    We got the test version of 2600 months ago so i'm hoping with us being OEM installers that this is the revised SE version of XP... Fingers crossed.
  5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Let us know if it is any different :p
  6. XPNuT66

XPNuT66 Guest

Umm... Windows XP 2600 is the final release of XP. Not saying they won't make service packs but that was the final release that i have.

The test version is only an evaluation version and i would bet money on it. But if its not sorry for my mistake..