Win Messenger File Transfer Prob

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by koko, Apr 3, 2002.

1. koko

koko Got Root?

i'm having problems transferring files from my system to someone else's using windows messenger. other people can transfer files to me fine.

i do have a linksys router and visited ms's page and found that i need to open TCP connections to the 6891-6900 range of TCP ports. however, after i do this, it still doesn't work.

i have d/led upgrades to winxp, windows messenger, so i know it's not that.

any1 have any suggestions?

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

are you using any other firewall other then the router? and if so make sure that you set it so that data from those ports can come in and out.

3. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

Since you can transfer files fine with other people the problem with this individual is not on your end but on his. Most likely he has a firewall blocking the transfer on his end.

4. koko

koko Got Root?

no, i'm not running any other firewall.

the problem is that other people can send me files, but i can't send them anything. btw, the people i attempt to send files to are not behind any type of firewall.

5. Black_Pride

Black_Pride OSNN Addict

I have the opposite problem....i can send files but i cannot receive them. I have NO firewall installed. I cant figure it out. Nobody can connect to me remotely or send me files but I can...to them.

Any suggestions?

6. Serpentuk

Serpentuk Guest

Messenger Problem

I have that problem when i have the xp firewall on---it wont send nothing when thats on.

7. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Are you using a Linksys router? It might be the cause. If you do, you should download the latest firmware.