Win 98

OUCH! Well Im sure that if you get it working it would be good to suggest a ram upgrade. Just remember win98 doesn't support alot of ram, can't remember what the limititation was.

Techno Child said:
buy a cheapo fdd :D or... can't a pc be booted up through a usb hd? i dont' see why a flashdrive wouldn't work...

Only the newer MB's support boot from USB. It has to be built into the bios. I have doen it but results were pretty sad.

Tittles - There was a Dell commercial on last night for a system for under $400. $350 or something. Suggest that to them. I'll see if I can find it on the Dell web page.

OMG $299, 2.5 gig Celeron D, only 256MB Ram,
no rebates required, with a monitor.
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/desktops?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

For $59 more get a 160GB HD and 512MB Ram.

Brings tears to my eyes. How do their competitors stay in business.

Last edited:
Yeah I did tell them about how dell has stuff like this going on

Gonna give them a call this weekend

Make sure you add how Win98 won't be supported any longer and it will be venerable to hackers and such. Whereas Windows XP is much better (when combined with a decent firewall and such, Zone Alarm is good).

Make it sound worse and it may push em to get a new comp.

Admiral Michael said:
Make sure you add how Win98 won't be supported any longer and it will be venerable to hackers and such. Whereas Windows XP is much better (when combined with a decent firewall and such, Zone Alarm is good).

Make it sound worse and it may push em to get a new comp.

I will hehe

imike said:
try to find a bootable CDROM so that you can boot to the DOS and then installed win98.

I would if the computer had another cd drive

I cant take out the bootdisk cd cause I wont be able to tell the computer to start windows since the bootdisk cd is out of the drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back