Win 2000 pro

U

UberBert

Does anyone know where i can get stuff for windows 2000 pro? if you could help me out that would be great, thanks guys

-Bert

lets see......... Win 2000, in the Themes forum.

He must be after some themes for Windows 2000 then, yeah.... I think i solved the puzzle!

DUH! ;)

*Hands ZAnwar his detective badge*
Good work :)

As for themes for Windows2000, to my knowledge you're pretty muchly limited to applications like the ones that stardock make.

hey thanks guys for all your help, im going to check out that site, i dont like jusst the plain old windows stuff, depressing looking, lol

-Bert

heh, funy you should say that, I've got XP running here so i have the choice of themes etc, but i always end up using the Windows default/classic theme :)

im looking for something that will change the look of the task bar and stuff, something that actually looks good, instead of the same old nasty grey. I tried downloading that aston thing from the site u posted above, and it said i cant run it.... help? or can someone give me another site where i can get this stuff, remember its for windows 2000 pro :) thanks guys

-Bert

so that link can give me stuff that will change the way the task bar and star menu and stuff look? thanks guys!

-Bert

so that is like a shell right? cuz that is what i am looking for.

Anyone else go any links? thanks for the people you have helped to far :)

-Bert

I got Geoshell and installed it, but it didnt do anything, it just fooked my desktop up. luckily i got it back the way it was. i will probably install XP soon unless someone can help me find a good shell. i dont want the shell to do anything to my desktop, just to start menu and task bar and stuff. Oh and Speedy_B i cant get windowblinds cuz i have to purchase it dont i?
thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

-Bert

search the forums for Astonshell. i remember reading about that, never used it myself but i know its similar to windowsblinds as in it 'themes' windows.

thanks guys, but im just going to instal win XP today, and maybe just bet StyleXP. I got the trial thingy of windowblinds and stuff, works well but if u want to keep it u have to pay. But i get xp so its all good, thanks for your help anyways though guys, i really appreciate it!

-Bert

The program I've been using since Windows 95 (before I got XP, of course) was Desktop theme:

Get it here

It's shareware, but no nags and the only drawback is that you can't edit the themes with the shareware version. They say it works with XP too, but I haven't tried it.

From there, you can download any theme pre-XP and apply them. one of many places you can get them is here

This works for Win9x as well as Win2k.

Enjoy...

hummm well im running windows 2000 pro and it works for me so i dont know why it did not work for you

as for win xp it a good os but i like win 2k better i have been thinking of installing windows 2003 server .net but dont know if i want to d othat just yet maybe i will ding out my other hard drive and install it on there but i dont think i can install a shell on that one just yet lol:D

thanks alot guys, i appreciate it a great deal. But now i am off to instal windows XP :D i hope it all goes smoothly, i will tell u when i finish. i did get one thing to work though, ObjectBar, it makes ur start menu and task bar look exactly the same as XP, its pretty cool, but i only have the trial version of it. Well talk to u when i finish installing

-Bert

hey guys, it took me forever to reformat. lol, damn this crappy 4 year old computer. well thanks for all your help, i still have some drivers to instal and such, so i will talk to you all later

-Bert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back