Will This Work...

If you disable SLi mode, it can support 4, but with it, max I believe is 2, per Nvidia.

I wonder how that will work with the XPS 600 Renegade. With four cards running in SLI.

Per the software specs, I think it might still be limited to 2. I am not sure though.

Non sli will be 8 I would think, considering all the ramdacs and outputs.

wow, lots of options, dont got a clue what to do now...im going to wait on the video cards and yea

This month's (the April issue) MaximumPC has a great review of the ATI Radeon X1900 XTX. Even though some (Saz included) don't put much stock in their reviews they gave it a "9 - Kick Ass" and the benchmarks show it is slightly faster than the 7800 series from NVIDIA.

Damn you, I didn't get my issue yet :eek:

Of course I wasn't home when the mail came, perhaps it's waiting for me at home :ninja:

So....when is the 7900 GT's soppose to come out, extact date?

Still no Maximum PC. :(

If it doesn't come today, the mailman and I will have words :smoker:

I think your relationship with your mailman is unhealthy. Maybe both of you need counselling and a little TLC/cuddling time?

:smoker:

He's already fornicating with one of the people in my building, I'd say that's good enough :p

My MPC came today. The X1900 review is in it. CrossFire is even beating SLI in 3DMARK05 and 3DMARK06. Interesting.

Hopefully a lot better than the Xpress 200 chipset.

kcnychief said:
He's already fornicating with one of the people in my building, I'd say that's good enough :p

Just so he doesn't fornicate with that there neighbor, over your package :eek: That could, end up being one sticky mess :yowch: :speechless:

Son Goku said:
Just so he doesn't fornicate with that there neighbor, over your package :eek: That could, end up being one sticky mess :yowch: :speechless:
Only if it's the self-adhesive envelopes :p

I'm still going to wait untill 7900GT is out, but I'm nugging my way towards the x1900xtx or one of the 1900

Keep an eye on the reviews, gives you the best of both worlds.

The 7900gt "should" be a good card.

I am sure you'll know soon as it debuts. EP will be sure to keep us posted on the developments on the nvidia front :cool:

from what they're SAYING, the 7900GT will retail for around $299, and perform slightly better than the 7800GTX.... possibly on-par with the 7800GTX 512MB.

As for the whole 4 video cards thing, Madmatt..... it's not 4 video cards. from what i've read.... i think it's gonna be 2 dual-core video cards (like the 7800GT-Dual's that i think Gigabyte makes? not sure who makes them, but a dual core video card has been around since i think the 6800GT-ish range, but were not SLI-Capable). from what i've read, that's what NVidia is going to be pushing more towards for high-end PC's.

edit: oh, and Bman, from what i've read, the 1900XTX, for the time being, only really shows it's true colors in 3DMark's shader tests. other than that it's not much better than a 7800GTX/7800GTX 512MB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back