Will This Work...

Thats nice, but I think I'm more of a simple design liker. You know.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I personally have a Lian Li PC-75, very simple design but I think its sexy :)

I have posted the Dell 2005 "20.1 monitors, don't they have 23, or a bigger one. If they do, I can't seem find it in any retail stores in Ontario/ottawa.

Any help?

madmatt said:
That is one heck of a case... too bad nobody makes a smaller case that looks and functions like that.

I don't care, for some reason I'v always wanted a full tower case.

Bman™ said:
Final Price of System = $5619.26

No, but with some luck, should have enough within 4 or 5 months.

Do you eat?
that is alot of coin for a comp... wow.

id rather reinsulate my attic, and buy a hi efficiency furnace

hehe

I have already stated that buy the time I have more money, I will have researched and found better prices for it. Hopefully at the most it will end up being will be around $3000, still alot, but I love computers!

and also if you are already spending $5000 whats another 300 for watercooling and a silent computer.

Bman™ said:
I have posted the Dell 2005 "20.1 monitors, don't they have 23, or a bigger one. If they do, I can't seem find it in any retail stores in Ontario/ottawa.

Any help?

Anyone got links to sites in Canada at least?

Bman™ said:

Any help?
Dell currently has 24 and 30 inch monitors as well.

madmatt said:
That is one heck of a case... too bad nobody makes a smaller case that looks and functions like that.

I really wanted the Stacker 830, but you are right it's too big. If they made a similar case in mid-tower, I'd be all over it like white on rice

Afaik, you can't use all 4 dvi ports on the nvidia sli setup. The sli investment also is a little counter-productive.

Compare the cost of going to a dual 7800gtx (256) setup and compare that to the performance of a single 7800gtx 512 or the 1900xtx. I know which one I would rather go with.

A huge investment for the item that I just don't find useful. You also need to get a ridiculously more robust PSU to support the items.

Post a list of all the items you are getting bman and lets make you happy :cool:

Ok, here's all the items I am getting...except I have to wait for the 7900

Motherboard

* Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe (Nvidia Socket 939 ATX)
* PCI Express/SLI/Dual Gigabit LAN/USB 2.0/Serial ATA/Dual Raid
* Supports AMD Athlon 64, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 X2,Sempron
* Up to 4GB RAM / DDR 266/333/400MHz
* Supports Serial ATA / Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133

Processor

* AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 / 2.60Ghz / 2MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB
* Socket 939 / Hyper Transport / Dual-Core (with fan)

Memory

* Crucial Dual Channel DDR 2048MB (2GB) / PC3200
* 400MHz

Harddrive

* Western Digital Caviar SE 16 / 400GB
* 7200 RPM / 16MB Cache / SATA-150

Videocard

* Nvidia 7900 GT

Soundcard

* Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Sound system

* Creative Inspire 7800 7.1

Backup Drive

* Western Digital 250GB / 7200 RPM / 8MB
* USB 2.0 / External Hard drive

CD/DVD Writer

* Plextor PX-716A SW / DVD-R DL Write Speed – 6x
* DVD+R Write Speed – 16x
* DVD+RW Rewrite Speed – 8x
* DVD-R Write Speed – 16x
* DVD-RW Rewrite Speed – 4x
* CD Write Speed – 48x
* CD Rewrite Speed – 24x

CD Rom

* Lite On SOHD 16x DVD / 48x CD

Case

* Cooler Master CM Stacker / ATX Full Tower
* 12 5.25” Drive Bays / Front USB

Keyboard

* Logitech diNova Media Desktop / Laser Bluetooth
* Mouse and Media Pad / Wireless Setup

Monitor

* Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1” LCD

Powersupply

* Xion 600 Watt / SATA Ready / SLI Ready

I think I have updated my list properly.....looks all good to me....

Bman™ said:
Ok, here's all the items I am getting...except I have to wait for the 7900

Motherboard

* Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe (Nvidia Socket 939 ATX)
* PCI Express/SLI/Dual Gigabit LAN/USB 2.0/Serial ATA/Dual Raid
* Supports AMD Athlon 64, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64 X2,Sempron
* Up to 4GB RAM / DDR 266/333/400MHz
* Supports Serial ATA / Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133

Pretty decent board :)

Processor

* AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 / 2.60Ghz / 2MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB
* Socket 939 / Hyper Transport / Dual-Core (with fan)

I don't think its worth spending about $300-$400 premium (us) for the FX-60 over the 4800+. Your call but I wouldn't do it.

Memory

* Crucial Dual Channel DDR 2048MB (2GB) / PC3200
* 400MHz

Get Corsair XMS, low latency. Why skimp on the mem and bottleneck your entire system with a product that has higher latencies?

Harddrive

* Western Digital Caviar SE 16 / 400GB
* 7200 RPM / 16MB Cache / SATA-150

This will be fine.

Videocard

* Nvidia 7900 GT

Consider the x1900xt/xtx as well. The 7900gt may not be much faster than the 7800gt per leaked specs. Those are not final, admittedly, so that could very much be a bogus call lol.

Soundcard

* Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Sound system

* Creative Inspire 7800 7.1

Nothing wrong with these. I would probably go for a really good 5.1 system over a 7.1 system though. Those extra speakers == extra wires. The logitech 5.1 setup with wireless rear speakers would be a much neater option and the output is still pretty good.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=10928

Backup Drive

* Western Digital 250GB / 7200 RPM / 8MB
* USB 2.0 / External Hard drive

CD/DVD Writer

* Plextor PX-716A SW / DVD-R DL Write Speed – 6x
* DVD+R Write Speed – 16x
* DVD+RW Rewrite Speed – 8x
* DVD-R Write Speed – 16x
* DVD-RW Rewrite Speed – 4x
* CD Write Speed – 48x
* CD Rewrite Speed – 24x

CD Rom

* Lite On SOHD 16x DVD / 48x CD

These sound peachy.

Case

* Cooler Master CM Stacker / ATX Full Tower
* 12 5.25” Drive Bays / Front USB

Keyboard

* Logitech diNova Media Desktop / Laser Bluetooth
* Mouse and Media Pad / Wireless Setup

This sounds fine too :)

Monitor

* Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1” LCD

Can't complain :)

Powersupply

* Xion 600 Watt / SATA Ready / SLI Ready

I think I have updated my list properly.....looks all good to me....

What the heck is this company?

I would suggest getting a ROBUST power supply unit, especially if you are spending this much on a system. I would get the best I can get. Keep in mind, if you build a porsche, you don't want a crappy moped engine in there to keep it running. PC Power and Cooling. Only one you should consider. The best rails and reputation out there.

All great tips, and most will be followed, and questions asked later. I have one right now... I originally has the x1900xt card, but was convinced to use dual 7900GT's with the board I have. Which to me sounds like it might work much better, and provide well I dunno.

Also, the procssor, the differnce is the FX-60 is 2.6Ghx, and 4800 is 2.4. Which I am still abit confused on what really creates the power and speed when playing games and using a computer so I dunno

The FX60 will be faster but you can also oc the 4800+ if needed.

Personally, I don't think the FX60 is $300 faster than the 4800+. You can still oc the 4800+ if the need arose. The processor is still a beast.

The fastest on the market is the FX60, the previous king was the 4800+, either will do the job for you. I would prefer you spend more money on the memory and the power supply than the processor, unless you can do all 3.

The video cards, I am not personally a big fan of dual-card solutions because its a heck of a lot more of a hassle when you look to change stuff around. Depending on when you are looking to go ahead and pull the trigger, you can keep an eye on the various specs and decide then what you want to do.

Alright you have made much sense to me, I'm going to switch to the 4800+ to save that money, and I'm still desided on the videocard/s.

I can't seem to find a Corsair XMS low latency, on tigerdirect or anywhere else I can buy it....help?

Newegg is my fav place if possible.

I am not sure of canadian stores unfortunately. I will check back when I get home.

I was unaware that you couldn't use all four DVI ports with a SLI configuration. My fault.

Three things.

The X1900 XTX out marked the 7800 GTX and is considered the top dog right now. However, this might change with the 7900 series.

I've read bad things about the Logitech 5.1 offering with wireless rear speakers. I guess the rear speakers tend to lag a bit...?

I agree with going with Corsair. That's my plan anyway.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back