Will Corsair XMS PC2700 CAS 2.5 run fine at 182Mhz or higher?

• Thread starter ThePunkerGuy
  • Start date
T

ThePunkerGuy

Ok, i have a question. i was wondering. Would Corsair PC2700 be fast enough ram to overclock my Athlon XP 2500+ 333fsb to 2.0ghz (182fsb) without unlocking the cpu and chaning the multiplier. I want to overclock it to 2.0ghz using just the FSB and i guess i want the ram and fsb to be in sync (isnt it better that way?) . Will Corsair XMS PC2700 CAS 2.5 be able to overclock that high just fine? Will it be stable? Or do i reallyneed PC3200. I am getting an Asus A7N8X Deluxe for this cpu and ram. My choices in ram are either 512mb of PC3200 Corsair or 1gig of PC2700 corsair (i woulld like to have the more ram..). But i just want to know how high this PC2700 Corsair will overclock with stability and if it will be fine for running my cpu at 2.0ghz with only adjusting the FSB. Thanks! And if i do get the PC2700 of corsair.. would it be a major gain for me to get the CAS2 over the CAS 2.5? When i overclock wont i have to relax the CAS timings anyway.. so therefore i should get go ahead and save the money and get the 2.5 CAS right? Let me know.. thanks!
- Mike

if you want them to sync then yah you need new ram.... or just leave it how it is now at 333.

I doubt that you will be able to push 2700 to 3200 speeds... well not with that particular ram anyway some OCZ maybe it would be much easyer on your ram just to buy3200 since you would have to up your DDR voltage and all that happy stuff would be cheaper just to unlock your cpu :p upp your multi to 12x166 and bam you got 2ghz and your still synced well 1,992 but you can't be to picky over 8mhz :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back