Wierd error message

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by xsk8zerox, May 24, 2002.

1. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Heres a screenshot. I got it while trying to merge something in the registry.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Windows is telling you that whatever you are trying to do is against the agreement you agreed to when installing it. Good luck getting around it =)

3. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 Beta gabe this screen when I clicked your image :D

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

OMG! What on earth were u trying to do xsk8zerox? Wow, that's an intense error message!! :D :D

5. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

Nothing at all... I saved my settings when i first used cablenut and i tried putting them back and that message popped up.

6. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

It just got worse. i restarted and first it wouldent let me logon it would just say "A problem has prevented windows from checking your license ageement" then shut down. Then it said "Windows cannot load because the file 'Windows\system32\config\system' is missing or corrupt try using the repair consol on the origional xp cd to repair this problem" befor it would even get to the loading screen. So i tried the repair consol and it didnt work. So i had to reinstall windows but i couldent back up my stuff so i installed over it and i finally got it to turn on.... Now all i need is to get my start menu back... any ideas?

7. well, whatever you did, DONT DO IT AGAIN!!:D
    never seen that b 4.