Widescreen wallpapers.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Anyone know where to get some widescreen (16:10 ratio) walls from? I'm looking for 1680x1050 or higher, 1440x900 are Ok too.

Site's I've already bled dry:
walls.pleonastic.com
prunejuice.net
deviantart.com
macdesktops.com

have you tried pixel girl presents?

**now i think of it you probably have

Yeah, PixelGirl's just submission based, there's no fixed size downloads. Still a nice collection of papers there though :D

DigitalBlasphemy isn't free though :\ .. not a bad thing, just annoying :p

I didn't know that :p. That was a quick Google search :p

hmm, I'd be interested in a place to pick up some widescreen/dual screen walls too

I've been giving up more often than not and making my own recently, but thats only fun when I want something specific, gotta keep the randomness and aimai abound

I'll keep searching too, SPeedY, for the good of mankind

Hey lads, new members here. Just thought I'd let ye know that I got a widescreen (1440 x 900) Vaio laptop recently, the wallpapers that came with it were ****e. So I made a few of my own using still images from a few of my favourite movies. Then I doctored them a bit with Photoshop (as you do). I've put a few of them online at my website if anybody's interested; http://www.jdbrookes.co.nr

Thanks

Oh yeah, Deviantart is definitely a good place for some fairly abstract wallpapers, and its free, unlike those scoundrels at digital plasphemy!

David

DevArt has a few widescreen walls, but the 4:3 and 5:4 collections are definitely the majority.

Still having problems finding decent walls though, since I made the original post, I bough a larger LCD and now work in 1920x1200, so most smaller walls look nasty re-sized. You have some nice one's on your site though, thanks for the link :)

Ah right I didnt notice that the post was started in 2004, not 2005.. :rolleyes:

Yeah it must be tough finding stuff to fit that size of a widescreen monitor, but there were some I found on Devianart that were nearly that size! (1680 x 1050 I think.) Devianart.com isnt working right now for me but I'd say a search for the artist "Chromakode" might have good results; I downloaded some wallpapers from this guy that I thought were pretty funky.

Jesus well done on that post count speedy. Mind that you don't lost your eyesight with that high of a resolution!

Cheers!

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back