why doesnt my computer want to shutdown??

I

iForceTundra

it happened last week i wen to | Turn off computer | Turn off , and then it start shutting down. blue screen saving setting , blah blah, then when the screen turns black for a second a blue screen flickers right after it then it starts to boot back up like normal.

when i turn it off manually with the button , the next time i turn on the computer it does the scan disk thing.

i think someone placed something on here where i cant turn it off. is there anyway to see if i know something has been placed in here to corrupt something (shutdown mode) to work properly.

thanx :confused:

Go here>>

Windows XP shutdown issues mostly center around a very few issues, especially device driver version and other legacy hardware and software compatibility issues.

Roxio’s release of patches for Easy CD 5 has wiped out more than half of all XP shutdown issues. In turn, this uncovered and highlighted the next greatest problem: specific hardware incompatibilities. These are detailed below where known. The driver and software issues are expected to resolve substantially as hardware and software manufacturers release updated versions.

http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

There is an article here that should help above is just an extract...:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back