Why Did I do this????

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Heeter, May 14, 2003.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hey Guys,

I "strolled" into the No-IP website and bought myself a Domain with the noip plus package. Great. Now what do I do with it? Don't ask me why I did it, because I will have no answer. I guess I should build myself a webpage. What is the absolute easiest program out there to build a website page with links? Maybe I can hook up my FTP server to this website page? The ideas are starting to flow, but I would like to put them into paper, I guess. Where should I start??? Thanks in advance. Maybe someone could just give me headsup starting point, that would be cool.

Heeter

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

1. You need a server to put the stuff on.
    2. Point the no-ip to the server IP.
    3. Put whatever you like on the server: webserver, FTP-server, CS server, anything.

3. Heeter

I already have an FTP server online (G6 Server) and a No-IP pointing to it. xxxxx.serveftp.com. No-IP has given me a ftp.xxxxx.com address. No-IP has given me a mail.xxxxxx.com address as well. I downloaded a trial version of CuteSiteBuilder, How can I test that my webpage is online from my own computer? I guess my question is: when i finish working on my page setup, how can I make No-IP know its there?

Thanks in advance....

Heeter

4. Zedric

Just point www.xxxxx.com to your computer. No-IP doesn't need to know if it contains web pages or whatever. Then try to type in www.xxxxx.com in your browser. If the correct page comes up, it's working.

5. Heeter

Thanks Zedric,

For the help.

Heeter

6. Vibe69

Vibe69 Guest

use dreamweaver mx

7. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

i use cutehtml and cuteftp to do all my site stuff

8. Heeter

sboulema,

with those programs, do you use IIS and or a web serverOS? I guess I am still trying to figure out how to put this page on the internet.

Heeter

9. Zedric

There is not "web serverOS", at least not in a normal sense. So, you have made a page? Good. Do you have a server? Is it running some webserver software (IIS, Apache)? Is No-IP pointing to it? Are the pages in the correct folder? If you have a router, is it forwarding port 80 to the server?

Answer yes to all the questions above and it will work. :)

10. Heeter

Thanks Zedric,

This is what I have: one webpage created with CuteSitebuilder Trail version, My Windows Server2003 beta RC2 Enterprise with IIS installed, No-ip installed on that computer pointing to it. That computer is behind my new router(Linksys BEFSR41). I am forwarding the port80 as we speak. Now is where I get lost.

Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

Heeter

11. aswettla

aswettla Guest

dreamweaver is good execpt before you buy it you need to really know that this is what you want.

12. Heeter

I am pretty much limiting myself to trial versions before i buy when it comes to this. I really am only trying to see if i could accomplish this (successfully putting up a webpage on the internet). When it comes a time, and it will, that the trial version of the software is limiting me from accomplishing some tasks, i will purchase the full version at that time. I am pretty much like this with all the software i have bought. Is there a trialversion download site for "Dreamweaver MX"?

Thanks.

13. Zedric