Why Did I do this????

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey Guys,

I "strolled" into the No-IP website and bought myself a Domain with the noip plus package. Great. Now what do I do with it? Don't ask me why I did it, because I will have no answer. I guess I should build myself a webpage. What is the absolute easiest program out there to build a website page with links? Maybe I can hook up my FTP server to this website page? The ideas are starting to flow, but I would like to put them into paper, I guess. Where should I start??? Thanks in advance. Maybe someone could just give me headsup starting point, that would be cool.

Heeter

1. You need a server to put the stuff on.
2. Point the no-ip to the server IP.
3. Put whatever you like on the server: webserver, FTP-server, CS server, anything.

I already have an FTP server online (G6 Server) and a No-IP pointing to it. xxxxx.serveftp.com. No-IP has given me a ftp.xxxxx.com address. No-IP has given me a mail.xxxxxx.com address as well. I downloaded a trial version of CuteSiteBuilder, How can I test that my webpage is online from my own computer? I guess my question is: when i finish working on my page setup, how can I make No-IP know its there?

Thanks in advance....

Heeter

Just point www.xxxxx.com to your computer. No-IP doesn't need to know if it contains web pages or whatever. Then try to type in www.xxxxx.com in your browser. If the correct page comes up, it's working.

sboulema,

with those programs, do you use IIS and or a web serverOS? I guess I am still trying to figure out how to put this page on the internet.

Heeter

There is not "web serverOS", at least not in a normal sense. So, you have made a page? Good. Do you have a server? Is it running some webserver software (IIS, Apache)? Is No-IP pointing to it? Are the pages in the correct folder? If you have a router, is it forwarding port 80 to the server?

Answer yes to all the questions above and it will work. :)

Thanks Zedric,

This is what I have: one webpage created with CuteSitebuilder Trail version, My Windows Server2003 beta RC2 Enterprise with IIS installed, No-ip installed on that computer pointing to it. That computer is behind my new router(Linksys BEFSR41). I am forwarding the port80 as we speak. Now is where I get lost.

Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

Heeter

Originally posted by Vibe69
use dreamweaver mx

dreamweaver is good execpt before you buy it you need to really know that this is what you want.

I am pretty much limiting myself to trial versions before i buy when it comes to this. I really am only trying to see if i could accomplish this (successfully putting up a webpage on the internet). When it comes a time, and it will, that the trial version of the software is limiting me from accomplishing some tasks, i will purchase the full version at that time. I am pretty much like this with all the software i have bought. Is there a trialversion download site for "Dreamweaver MX"?

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back