why cant i save pics in the jpeg format

M

Moejoe

Whats goin on everybody,
im having this problem with IE6 , used to happen on my win98 machine but a restart would ususally resolve it now it happens alot more often on my xp, i find a pic on the net and i want to save it ok? so rather than getting the name of the pic as displayed on the link above or in the properties (eg blah.jpg) i get untitled and bitmap as the only option, same for gifs just tried it with the crucial ad on the top of the page,

the problem with this setup is

1. Its extremley pissing off wrotong in the name of every pic you save when thats usually done for you

2. I go from a 100kb to like 1 and a half megs or something making it very hard to send by email post on forums etc since its so large

As always the help and support of all you guys out there is greatly appreciated :)

Moejoe

not really sure ..but maybe your associations with .gif and .jpeg are messed up ...possible associating the files with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer will solve the problem??

It seems I read somewhere that if you clean out your Internet Temp files it will return to normal??????:confused: :confused:

clear IE's history
to avoid this go to IE setting and increase the amount of disk space.
when you have no space left in IE cash windows will save everything as bitmap not jpeg.

Originally posted by damnyank
It seems I read somewhere that if you clean out your Internet Temp files it will return to normal??????:confused: :confused:

you beat me to it!
I pent 4 mins to give m answer:cool:

i have never had this problem ...strange ..and i never clean out any of that stuff

when this happens refresh the page F5 then try saving the jpeg again.

Thanx yoyo I knew I read it somewhere and was in the right area. I've got it as a favorite now in my XP folder for future reference - in case of another senior moment!!!;)

Wow! i didnt expect so many replies so quick! thank you all, the advice you provided has been invaluble, as it turns out emptying my cache had not solved the problem but the link yoyo provided (special thanx there dude) helped me identify the problem and i too have added it to my favorites, ill have to log on to sites directly now rather than bieng lazy and typing username: password@http etc

Thanks again everyone!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back