why am i offline?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
ever since i flashed my routers firmware (Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless) im able to be in messenger only "1/2 way in".
i can log on and chk my email through it, even speak with my friends, but on my friends' side, i appear offline. they see me offline yet they can speak with me without probs.

can anyone shed any light on this? ive been trying the linksys web site but it wont load the knowledge base...

thx,
Apu

try to change your version of messenger. if you are using Win messenger, try MSN meseenger!

I actually have that exact same router, and have the lastest firmware on it too...no such problems here. ICQ and Messenger both work perfectly fine.

This same thing happened to me once on ICQ too, but I just left it for the night and in the morning it worked fine again, it must have been an ICQ server problem. Perhaps MSN is having technical problems?

hopefully its server probs...its kind of annoying to have no one seeing you online. im using windows messenger 4.7
thx for the replies guys

aye, i think its just coincidence that it happened after you upgraded the firmware on the router. I've seen it happen many times in the past on both ICQ and MSN that offline people are able to talk as normal. I even received a file from a friend who appeared offline once lol. I think its just a server problem at their end.

u probably have security software installed like a firewall or like cysco systems. my dads laptop had cysco security software and it would always do that on the same connection that my normal pc would work fine. tell us if u have any cycisco software or any other!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back