WHQL Certified 28.32/Refresh Rate

M

Manc

Ok Gents, what about these new drivers, is there a refresh rate fix or is it as simple as disabling V-Sync...?????

I'm running the last version of the 28.32's with the Refresh Rate fix but unable to run 3dMark as a result, just wondered if these newer ones would resolve my benchmark issue but if they are gonna require me to run my games @ 60hz then they can sod off & I'll stick to ones I already have....!!!!

:D

I donno if these drivers support the refresh rate fix, but a friend of mine just dwnloaded em and took a 300 point drop in his 3D mark score with them.
1 thing though, he still uses 98SE.
Just thought I'de let ya know.

Thanks for the warning mate, I'll let someone else give them a go & post the results before I bother......Cheers...!!!!!

The official 28.32's won't even install for me. Back to the trusty 27.42's.

28.32's

Same here.. I can't get the Det's to install on my XP box either..

After going through the install routine and re-booting, it defaults back to the previous driver release.. hmm

Let me know if you find a fix..

Re: 28.32's

Originally posted by scampganter

After going through the install routine and re-booting, it defaults back to the previous driver release.. hmm

What he said. :)

I expect a fix by the tonight. :)

I got them ok here around the same time as I posted them...
Could see all the tabs..

Infact the first time I downloaded them they were the original version and not the WHQL certified version - haen't really had any problems with them yet, alot of people do seem to be having problems with them tho... Guess MS decided they needed a few changes in order to get the the WHQL tests....

Is that good or bad?

I havent had any probs at all with the 28.32's. I got the ones with the fix so the refresh rate fix works.
I run a Visiontek Gforce 4 Ti 4600.
The most Important thing about installing new Dets is to UNinstall your previous driver first. I also get rid of the previous Reg keys just so I feel like I completely uninstalled em :)

I have had no problem with them either,no drop in mad onion score,no rise either,refresh rate is fine.
I have tried most detonator drivers and i have found,the best way to install them is through devise manager,upgrade driver,this does the job properly,it uninstalls old ones and installs new.

Re: 28.32's

Originally posted by scampganter

Same here. I still got 27.42. I just downloaded the 28.32 from Nvidia.

i've tried the new drivers and they didnt fix the refresh rate for me. so i went back to the good ol 23.11's and nvfix. all works great with this setup.

ok
so when do the Fixed det drivers comming out, i got the updates ones and they dont even install , even tho the setup runs and reboots,

well iam back to the 23.11's now
but i woudl still like to know if nvidia will release udated drivers that "install" properly

Refresh Question

Everyone always seems to talk about this refresh problem with WinXP and Nvidia drivers. I don't think I have ever had this problem as I am able to set refresh rates up to the max that my monitor will handle. Now my question is this the same thing as only having 60fps in games? I have included a screen shot of my settings/refresh - these are without any refresh fix. Any input would be appreciated to whether I am correct or totally off base on this one.

i dotn have refresh rate proplems m8 i jsut cant work out why the updated det drivers from nvidia wont show up after i run the install program, ive even tryed doign this from a fresh install , but windows still shows its own driver there and not the updated one
how ever when i use the 23'11's the are fine all the tabs are there , why wont the new ones work:(

There are new drivers 28.32 dated 26-4-02.
Now I can install them correct !

Had the same problem, 28.32 Nvidia's wouldn't install. (leadtek Gforce 4, Ti 4400). The new package, Nvidia's 28.32 (26/04/2002) installed perfectly! No refresh-rate problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back