WHQL Certified 28.32/Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Manc, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Manc

Manc Guest

Ok Gents, what about these new drivers, is there a refresh rate fix or is it as simple as disabling V-Sync...?????

I'm running the last version of the 28.32's with the Refresh Rate fix but unable to run 3dMark as a result, just wondered if these newer ones would resolve my benchmark issue but if they are gonna require me to run my games @ 60hz then they can sod off & I'll stick to ones I already have....!!!!

:D

2. BOBbagels

BOBbagels Guest

I donno if these drivers support the refresh rate fix, but a friend of mine just dwnloaded em and took a 300 point drop in his 3D mark score with them.
    1 thing though, he still uses 98SE.
    Just thought I'de let ya know.

3. Manc

Manc Guest

Thanks for the warning mate, I'll let someone else give them a go & post the results before I bother......Cheers...!!!!!

4. FatesWarning

FatesWarning Guest

The official 28.32's won't even install for me. Back to the trusty 27.42's.

5. scampganter

scampganter Guest

28.32's

Same here.. I can't get the Det's to install on my XP box either..

After going through the install routine and re-booting, it defaults back to the previous driver release.. hmm

Let me know if you find a fix..

6. FatesWarning

FatesWarning Guest

Re: 28.32's

What he said. :)

I expect a fix by the tonight. :)

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I got them ok here around the same time as I posted them...
    Could see all the tabs..

Infact the first time I downloaded them they were the original version and not the WHQL certified version - haen't really had any problems with them yet, alot of people do seem to be having problems with them tho... Guess MS decided they needed a few changes in order to get the the WHQL tests....

Is that good or bad?

8. BOBbagels

BOBbagels Guest

I havent had any probs at all with the 28.32's. I got the ones with the fix so the refresh rate fix works.
    I run a Visiontek Gforce 4 Ti 4600.
    The most Important thing about installing new Dets is to UNinstall your previous driver first. I also get rid of the previous Reg keys just so I feel like I completely uninstalled em :)

9. Hutch

Hutch Guest

I have had no problem with them either,no drop in mad onion score,no rise either,refresh rate is fine.
    I have tried most detonator drivers and i have found,the best way to install them is through devise manager,upgrade driver,this does the job properly,it uninstalls old ones and installs new.

10. Crest

Crest Guest

Re: 28.32's

Same here. I still got 27.42. I just downloaded the 28.32 from Nvidia.

11. dijital

dijital Guest

i've tried the new drivers and they didnt fix the refresh rate for me. so i went back to the good ol 23.11's and nvfix. all works great with this setup.

12. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

ok
    so when do the Fixed det drivers comming out, i got the updates ones and they dont even install , even tho the setup runs and reboots,

well iam back to the 23.11's now
    but i woudl still like to know if nvidia will release udated drivers that "install" properly

13. Sage

Sage Guest

Refresh Question

Everyone always seems to talk about this refresh problem with WinXP and Nvidia drivers. I don't think I have ever had this problem as I am able to set refresh rates up to the max that my monitor will handle. Now my question is this the same thing as only having 60fps in games? I have included a screen shot of my settings/refresh - these are without any refresh fix. Any input would be appreciated to whether I am correct or totally off base on this one.

14. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

i dotn have refresh rate proplems m8 i jsut cant work out why the updated det drivers from nvidia wont show up after i run the install program, ive even tryed doign this from a fresh install , but windows still shows its own driver there and not the updated one
    how ever when i use the 23'11's the are fine all the tabs are there , why wont the new ones work:(

15. Crest

Crest Guest

There are new drivers 28.32 dated 26-4-02.
    Now I can install them correct !

16. stressfritz

stressfritz OSNN Junior Addict

Had the same problem, 28.32 Nvidia's wouldn't install. (leadtek Gforce 4, Ti 4400). The new package, Nvidia's 28.32 (26/04/2002) installed perfectly! No refresh-rate problems.