Who wants to spend my money?

Yeah, I ordered one of those cables from Xoxide...as far as benchmarks, well, ill get those when I can...there was a problem shipping out my order, so it has been delayed a couple of days...so Ill probably be building Saturday and Sunday night...

NathanA said:
Logitech Cordless Desktop MX & MX 900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse

Why the bluetooth? I have the mx900 for my laptop which has a BT card in it, but why desktop?

zeke_mo said:
Why the bluetooth? I have the mx900 for my laptop which has a BT card in it, but why desktop?

Because I have several bluetooth devices, and was using the chip in my laptop...a convenient option, really, was the only reason I chose the 900 over the 700 (which I have at work, and love...)

-Nathan

I use my mx900 for games on my laptop, and it's horrid, the only reason I use it is because I dont need a hub for it(internal radio). All I need is a A/C outlet and I'm good :)

zeke_mo said:
I use my mx900 for games on my laptop, and it's horrid, the only reason I use it is because I dont need a hub for it(internal radio). All I need is a A/C outlet and I'm good :)

I love the mx900...not sure why...just fits my hand I guess...

Oh btw, i got the Dell widescreen in today...man this thing is big...cant wait to see it in action!

Haha, imagine what your reaction would have been like if it were the 24" 2405FPW :D

Well, I'd wonder where to put it, as I barely have room for my 2005FPW...lol

So I have my machine built now...swimming through a few issues...but will be up and running shortly...anyways, what are some good diagnaostic utilities for me to run on my new setup?

Thanks again!

NathanA said:
So I have my machine built now...swimming through a few issues...but will be up and running shortly...anyways, what are some good diagnaostic utilities for me to run on my new setup?

Thanks again!

congrats on yer new system :) i never use diagnostic stuff heh ..maybe i should. Take a picture of yer beast when you finish i wanna seeeeeee!!!!

Seemed to me the trickiest part when i was putting together mine was the damned sata cables (which i replaced with the red ones that came with the mobo) and everything worked flawlessly after that. I also found that the bios 1006.bin file seems to get me cranking along nicely. before that sometimes booting the video would not go through ... (meaning my monitor picked something up but stayed black for some reason).

You seem quite crafty and knowlegeable with this stuff. Ill attach the 1006.bin file here if you request. I found it easier to use the asus autoupdate thing ..not connecting to the servers with it but manually downloading the latest bio and using the autoupdate thing to flash instead of the awardflash dos utility and boot disk.

besides that the manual is superez to follow.

one other thing ..i kept getting irql bluescreen using the nvidia lan option so i turned taht off in the bios menu and use the marvel/yukon or whatever (top lan socket) and did away with the nvidia firewall bs and solved the irql error screen. I am sure you could do just the opposite ..but i think there is a such thing as too many firewalls.

Hope that helps.

Yup...I had to get the 1006 bios, as the pre-flashed version ?.bin was doing some crazy things to my system...lol I have some pictures somewhere of my new setup before it was all tiewrapped up...wires going everywhere but youll get the idea...ill try to find those and upload them in a couple of days...

So I got a free copy of Farcy with my 6800 ultra oc...man my system kicks the crap outta this game...nice to have hardware that will keep up with the software...for now anyways...lol

NathanA said:
Yup...I had to get the 1006 bios, as the pre-flashed version ?.bin was doing some crazy things to my system...lol I have some pictures somewhere of my new setup before it was all tiewrapped up...wires going everywhere but youll get the idea...ill try to find those and upload them in a couple of days...

So I got a free copy of Farcy with my 6800 ultra oc...man my system kicks the crap outta this game...nice to have hardware that will keep up with the software...for now anyways...lol

hell yeah i got 2 copies of farcry with my 2 video cards ..we should play sometime.

which reminds me ..if anyone wants a serial number that is unused from farcry let me know ..ill give it to you for 5 bucks ... or ill send it to you still for 5 bucks plus shipping or id happily trade it for something.

NathanA said:
keep getting a bsod: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER...not sure what it is...

not helping directly - but time to wrap this thread and start a new one - if you still have that BSOD of course..... but maybe you got it sorted now? Man I hate BSODs on new builds with fresh formats! In my case they have largely turned out to be temperature related (due to my need to make my rigs quiet).... doubt that is going to help you, just an observation and also I have found my AMD64 running with stock cooling had to run hot for a good week or two - then the thermal pad did it's stuff and now my temp is at 45oC on full constant load folding :)

My bug code turned out to be my logitech software...uninstalled it and have been error free...knock on wood...my temp has really gone down after a few days too...using arctic silver 5 instead of the thermal pad crap...running about 40-42 full load!

Got a 72,373 Aquamark (latest) score today without overclocking or any tweaking...may turn on Asus AI NOS later to see what happens...thought yall mught be interested...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back