who wants to make me a FLASH sig???

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
or maybe we could not use flash sigs since there really is no reason for them ...even you cant make one so why should we deny 56k ppl because you want one.

...and the reason for your 'Super Moderator' / 'Graphics Guru / Jooo R Own3d' sig is??......... Or does it automatically have a reason because you're a mod?! :eek:

Just imagine how much faster these pages would load for the 56k'ers if no sigs were allowed at all!

Originally posted by Teddy
...and the reason for your 'Super Moderator' / 'Graphics Guru / Jooo R Own3d' sig is??......... Or does it automatically have a reason because you're a mod?! :eek:

Just imagine how much faster these pages would load for the 56k'ers if no sigs were allowed at all!

My sig is an animated gif and is within guidelines...

Are we gonna have a problem now... ??

and btw my sig and all included on this forum are linked... Flash sigs are not.

Originally posted by Evil Marge
Please no not flash,takes ages to load pages. This forums slow enough as it is.

I agree.. isnt Gif's and Jpeg's enough? Gif's are just as good as Flash if it were short movies.

Besides, if you would like flash... couldnt you just add a link to your sig so that if people are interested then they could just click on the link rather than having them load every time a page is loaded :confused:

I mean ok, ok.. i have a sig and avatar but i keep it to the forum limits and i do try and make them as small file size as i can for everyone :)

Alex:cool:

Maybe members could be warned at the begining of the thread(topic) to avoid if they have 56k.Messin around w/flash might be kinda fun to check out.

You sig is kinda big Alex, with the image and your system stats

Originally posted by kitct
Maybe members could be warned at the begining of the thread(topic) to avoid if they have 56k.Messin around w/flash might be kinda fun to check out.

Well IMO that causes discrimination in two different ways. First of course it means that 56k users miss out on some content. Second does this mean that if you don't specify the "56k warning" in your topic that people with large sigs can't post? I just don't see how that would be possible, that means saying that certain users can't post in certain topics.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Better Alex, thanks :)

I aim to please.. :).. sorry about the large sig before, didnt really realise it was big :eek:

Well IMO that causes discrimination in two different ways. First of course it means that 56k users miss out on some content. Second does this mean that if you don't specify the "56k warning" in your topic that people with large sigs can't post? I just don't see how that would be possible, that means saying that certain users can't post in certain topics.

Well, i mean even if it does say "Warning 56k users", it doesnt mean that they cant take a look at the content.. it just means that it will take a little while longer to view the contents than usual. But other than that.. its not really stopping them from viewing the thread.

As for the large sig thing, i do not think they will be allowed to have too big of a signature.. Admins/mods wouldnt allow it which i agree on :)

Alex :cool:

I'm just saying that you never know who is going to reply to your thread so its hard to put a warning on something you can't predict. When naming the topic you wouldn't know if someone with a flash sig is going to post or not.

You do if we don't have flash sigs though, because there simply won't be any :p

Also what if someone doesn't use flash, and they don't have the plug-in installed to view it, they aren't really going to enjoy being told they need to download something from time to time when they view a thread where someone has a flash sig.

I thought we were talkin about makin flash sigs jus to view an see what people can come up with.Not makin them to actually use throughout the forum.

Kind of a shame that people who are more creative are always stymied by the less than creative people in todays society.We are no longer allowed to challenge people to elevate themselves through creative talent.Rather "keep them back" and "hemmed in" and "stifled" to conform to the baser and less than ingenuous crowd in the name of "fairness". Whatever...shouldnt even have to say this.

Yea, what Kitct said :p..

we werent discussing about using flash sigs throughout the forums, just posting what people have come up with on one thread.. without setting them as their signature

Alex :cool:

Originally posted by kitct
I thought we were talkin about makin flash sigs jus to view an see what people can come up with.Not makin them to actually use throughout the forum.

Kind of a shame that people who are more creative are always stymied by the less than creative people in todays society.We are no longer allowed to challenge people to elevate themselves through creative talent.Rather "keep them back" and "hemmed in" and "stifled" to conform to the baser and less than ingenuous crowd in the name of "fairness". Whatever...shouldnt even have to say this.

It has nothing to do with stifling creativity and I resent the implication... unless you can guarentee the security and convience of OTHER members we cannot use them. No one is saying you cant use them on your own website but dont point fingers here saying we are keeping you from being creative. When you own the forum, website and server here you can make the rules. Until then respect whose who pay for this server and those who put there time and energy into it. If not you show your unwillingness to participate in a community. These forums are not about art, that was an after thought. We have had to limit sig and avatar sizes so as to put less strain on the server. No one here is trying to inhibit ones creative actions but some like to take it too far and damn anyone else. This was and is a tech support forum... the art side of things is wonderful but the server is not capible of handling such a heavy load. Dont believe me... check out Devianart there servers are under tremedeous strain and they have serveral and are load balanced.

There are alternatives to flash. Why are they not good enough?? Flash is too server intensive...

Gif is a perfect alternative to a flash movie :) which is what i said before.. Gif's and Jpeg's are good enough to use as signatures

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back