who runs NTFS.org

dubstar

format c:
like, what servers is it on? Who pays for it? How many gigs does it take up? Whats the monthly transfer rate, and all that neat stuff?

im just curious.

Hosted by: Rackshack.net

Paid for by: Craig Waddington (waddy). Click the ads on the frontpage and forums - it helps to pay for the bandwidth. :)

Server details: RedHat Linux running Apache 1.3.27 with mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.2.2 mod_perl/1.26

I am supposing either waddy or EP or md or jewellz will be able to fill us in on the details about the other information :)

but net covered the basics...

As NetRyder mentioned - it's on a rackshack server - paid by Waddy - haven't talked to the guy in a while.

Last I heard it knocks up around 400gb data transfer per month - think we've been getting slightly less lately though.

The site itself (the files on server) take up v. little space with the exception of the apps and other things we offer which aren't associated directly with the site. The DB would be around 400-500mb at the moment, EP or Waddy could give you more accurate details on that.

The NTFS Team, (list of people here) help run the site. EP most probably does the most with the site, in maintaining it - the rest help in looking after various other aspects of the site.

Any other stuff yah want to know - feel free to ask.

MdSalih

thats good enough, just my curious little mind at work.

ps: thanks MdSalih for your upload site.

basically all the the team has there own little (or big) job that helps the site run smoothly.

Sheesh, now dat he knows weezz gonna have ta kill'em... :eek: Bada bing. :p

I think the database is about 300 atm, waddy just flushed some old attachements.

We also discovered yesterday that we now have 700gb of data transfer available to us each month. which is nice.

waddy will be leaving for oz in around a month so I will be taking over completely until xmas.

400gb, kinda logical when you think about it, but it still suprised me when I read that :)

Thats a whole lotta throughput :D

Nah, It'd cost too much for the postage, and the chances of a pie surviving over seas are slim, plus it'd get cold.

I propose that we keep the 700 pies in the UK and divide them between me and me.

Well NTFS could open a store here in the US and ship the pies that way.

Possibly, but I can always save some for later, or pelt them at passing people... like chris :)

or hand them out to hungry members in #Ntfs to go with the beer + nekid women ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back