Who is the best James Bond?

Passing the mantle...

I have to say without revealing my age ;-) that Sean Connery was undoubtbly the best James Bond of the genre. But the best successor to this venerable role has to go to Pierce Brosnan. Not to take anything away from Roger Moore whom remarkably made a total of 7 Bond movies, one more the Sean himself.

However I honestly believe that both Sean and Pierce bring that certain level vitality to the role that Moore and the others were just slightly off key.

But one of the best measures that I've applied has been the line "My Name Is Bond, James Bond", Sean really brought the best out of that line, and when I first heard Pierce utter those very words I couldn't help but take notice and exclaim folks we have a new JB.

OK being a complete 007 freeak (my claim to this is owning the James Bond Complete Interactive Dossier CDs)

James Bonds:

Sean Connery - The greatest there ever was
Roger Moore - An old fart was better as the Saint
Timothy Dalton - Had some good moments but not enough
Christopher Lazenby - A waste of time thank god he only did one (On her Majesties Secret Service was awful)
Pierce Brosnan - Extremely good, quite possibly Second Place, the only thing that lets him down is that Chubby Broccoli has died and his daughter was in charge of Goldeneye and it has gone downhill since then

My opinion is that al-tho Pierce Brosnan is a pretty decent Bond (has that charming yet not an ******* presence), the previous 2 Bond films where so horrible that I didn't even bother going to see the latest one.

Something went terribly wrong, to pull of a "Bond" script , you got to have an excellent director and some decent actors.
if you don't have these you get a Van-Dam flick with british accent (and I don't think thats a good thing).

No offense to anyone but thats mainly cause it has gone to the hollywood directors and script-writers who go for action and not any of the plot line and things that are in the older bond films.

Well, in my opinion it is only one of the reasons, I think it is mainly the new half action half romance plot lines.

I mean action can be pushed to an extend when people get shot in the head and then kill 25 other people when they fall to die, but when you push romance what you get is a bad acting class.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back