Who here is VERY good at web design?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by ReC0iL, Jun 19, 2002.

1. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Whoever is do you think you can help me out and get started? :confused:

2. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

I became quite proficient (once upon a time) - all self taught. Start out by visiting www.htmlgoodies.com ,probably the best tutorial site on the net for getting started out with web pages. Good Luck :D

3. dayneh88

dayneh88 Guest

don't mean to brag but i have built many sites that many people have liked and have recommended me to others,
    heres my email address feel free to contact me:

dayneh88@urban.net.au

4. puga74

puga74 Guest

I must say, the website I built and designed for our department in the company I work in is the best - as what most of my colleques say. :)

5. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

I personally like FrontPage, but when i do HTML coding, i like 1st Page 2000 (freeware). Check it out if your trying to get into HTML coding

http://www.evrsoft.com/

JJB6486

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I am! ;)
    I use Macromedia Dreamweaver mostly. It isn't free but really good. Also if you need to learn HTML, the HTML For Dummies can be appropriate literature I heard.

7. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Cool... Thanks for your help so far guys... I will probably contact some of you for HTML or dreamweaver purposes.... Zedric what are some webpages that you have created? I know what dreamweaver can make just no clue on what to do to make things with it.. lol :D

8. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I prefer to use Notepad. I hand code all of my sites, and prefer to do so, rather than WYSWYG.

I am also self-taught and have been coding for years and years. Once you learn the basics of HTML, I recommend learning PHP, ASP, and mySQL; Flash is always fun, too.

How come nobody posted links to prove how good they are? All these brags, but nobody has the proof.

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

:eek: :eek: :eek: nice 1

10. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

I use notepad also like Madmatt does. Also self taught. I think it's the best way because you and you alone are creating everything by wrighting it out. I designed the site for the shop I work for (Click the "www" button at the bottom of my post). It's still a work in progress, always updating and adding to it. Your best bet is "Creative HTML Design, a hands on html 4.0 web design tutorial". It's a book with CD-ROM included, written by Lynda & William Weinman. It is a great tutorial. It explains basics, basic page layout, working with images, frames, imbedding sound into your web sites, etc... You can check it out at http://www.htmlbook.com I think they have a new version out. I have the first version, It's like $40.00 U.S. But it's worth it. :D

11. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

I just need someone who would be willing to teach me dreamweaver because I have that. DreamWeaver 4. Could you guys please post your websites so I could see what kinda stuff you can make with this program........ :)

12. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I mainly use DreamWeaver 4, I did the site remake for dd-soft.net. It doesnt take too long to load either.

The URL is correct but for some reason the page isnt always availible. This is not a problem with my work I can tell you that.

13. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

the best tips that I was taught were

1. never use spaces in filenames
    2. Save the Original image files so you can edit them instead of the jpg files. this was true for me as I was using PhotoShop.
    3. the easiest layout is
    images
    dloads
    scripts
    and so on, also including "Originals"
    The primary page should be called index.htm, or default.htm something like that.

If you have a question about DreamWeaver dont hesitate to ask, one of us should be able to answer it.

14. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I believe there's a link in my sig. A yes, there it is! :) The site isn't complete yet. You be the judge if I boasted too much. ;)

15. Faner

Faner Guest

Check my clan page, home made of course. PHP and MySQL really spices things up!

|CaE|

16. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Ahh, you are correct, sir. I like the layout, dislike the colors. Over all, nice job.