Who has the knowledge to tackle this?

hantipala

OSNN Newbie
First post after reading and learning for 3 days. OK so here is what I am running.

Win XP Home SP2.
Verizon V3c loaded with GATW_01.OF.03
P2kCommander-V3.2.9
RSD Lite 1.9.1
Mobile Phone Tools 3.25
Drivers from this site.

I am still learning so I am not sure what I have to contribute just yet. I am able to access the file structure of my phone w/P2k. I can now add/remove files from phone. So far I have added an animated gif and some static jpegs, and pulled a few full resolution pics that I took with the phone’s camera.

My challenge now is mp3 ring tones. I have placed a file in the same folder as all the other ring tones but it is not showing up in the phone. The file a 30 sec long 24khz mono encoded mp3 that is smaller in kb than the preloaded Verizon mp3 ring tones.

Please help a rookie out and let me know what I need to do to make it work so I can load my own ring tones without spending air time or money.

Thanks

I looked around and was able to figure it out on my own, I guess if one looks long enough you can find just about everything.

Here is the solution. Look for the file named MyToneDB.db in your phones file list save a copy of it first and then delete the file from your phone. Restart your phone and then your the rings your put on your phone will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back