Who has the knowledge to tackle this?

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by hantipala, Apr 5, 2006.

1. hantipala

hantipala OSNN One Post Wonder

First post after reading and learning for 3 days. OK so here is what I am running.

Win XP Home SP2.
    Verizon V3c loaded with GATW_01.OF.03
    P2kCommander-V3.2.9
    RSD Lite 1.9.1
    Mobile Phone Tools 3.25
    Drivers from this site.

I am still learning so I am not sure what I have to contribute just yet. I am able to access the file structure of my phone w/P2k. I can now add/remove files from phone. So far I have added an animated gif and some static jpegs, and pulled a few full resolution pics that I took with the phone’s camera.

My challenge now is mp3 ring tones. I have placed a file in the same folder as all the other ring tones but it is not showing up in the phone. The file a 30 sec long 24khz mono encoded mp3 that is smaller in kb than the preloaded Verizon mp3 ring tones.

Please help a rookie out and let me know what I need to do to make it work so I can load my own ring tones without spending air time or money.

Thanks

2. hantipala

hantipala OSNN One Post Wonder

I looked around and was able to figure it out on my own, I guess if one looks long enough you can find just about everything.

Here is the solution. Look for the file named MyToneDB.db in your phones file list save a copy of it first and then delete the file from your phone. Restart your phone and then your the rings your put on your phone will work.